Windows 7 Win7x64 BSOD: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

scythe000

As in the title, that's the BSOD I'm getting. Really annoying. I've attached Driver Verifier enabled minidups in my Dropbox here:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I also ran sfc /scannow. it found an error it couldn't fix here:

Any ideas?

Hi.

Your problem is the wireless adapter driver. Update it from the manufacturer's website:

NETw5s64 NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010

I really would uninstall that Norton too, in safe mode:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

If you do, then reboot and install MSE.

----

Also, uninstall DaemonTools normally, then use the installer/uninstaller found here to remove sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Replace with PowerISO if you still want disc emulation:

http://www.PowerISO.com

TorrentG, you are a king. Thanks for the fast response. How could you tell it was my wifi driver? I have an Intel 5300 AGN card.

I'm keeping SEP as it runs great on all other pcs, and we deploy it out to all our clients.

Removed Daemons tools, and the sptd.sys. Do I need this or is it only part of Daemon tools?

Updated Intel 5300 AGN driver from 13.1.1.1 to 13.1.2.5

Last edited:
Sptd.sys is a very notorious driver that is tops at crashing Windows. Great you removed it. It's only for DaemonTools.

I can see the crash was caused by the network driver because it is one of those rare ones that explicitly show the exact fault upon opening:

Code:
BugCheck C1, {fffff9800ed3afc0, fffff9800ed3ac22, 994040, 32}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5s64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+dc28 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Anywhow, this wasn't a Driver Verified dump but easily as good as one because of the above info.

Nice. Sorry about that. I specifically followed the directions to enable Driver Verifier, then waited for a BSOD and uploaded that dump, odd.

I'll report back in a few days (hopefully) and we'll see how this does. I was crashing every hour or so before.

EDIT:

Agh, spoke too soon. Just got a BSOD, albeit a different message:

Last edited:
Agh!
After no errors for a while, I got another BSOD.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000109 (0xa3a039d89d3a6558, 0x0000000000000000, 0x824b87804c550ac7, 0x0000000000000101). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 093010-16099-01.

Attachments

• 093010-16099-01.dmp
    269.7 KB · Views: 335
What happened?...the machine was in excellent condition... :)

Norton/Symantec must be new on your system? No way I would have let that one go before, so I suppose it is...

Uninstall that complete junk (lol) in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

---------

Uninstall LogMeIn or Remotely Anywhere from the machine which also must be new to the system. It has old drivers that are prone to crashing:

LMIRfsDriver LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 12:26:56 2008
lmimirr lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 18:32:45 2007
RaInfo RaInfo.sys Fri Jan 04 13:57:14 2008

-----------

Update Realtek HD Audio simply for good measure:

RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Thu Dec 03 08:42:57 2009

RtkHDAudio

The thing is, we run SEP on all of our clients PCs, including all my other Win7 machines. I don't think that is the cause here. Anything else I can try? Any more detailed logs I can post?

I tell it like I see it.

I can only do my thing that I do and continue along with the troubleshooting/repair process if the advice is followed precisely.

Other than that, unfortunately, I'm literally unable to help any further.

You're very welcome to post new crash dumps should they happen after making the changes. If all driver conditions I speak of are satisfied, then you can know for sure there is a RAM defect. If not, there's nothing I can say even being close to definitive.

Ok, I give up, lol. I'm following your advice and removing SEP for MSE right now. Will report back if I continue to have BSODs.

This sucks. I've updated my Intel WiFI drivers again, LAN drivers, Video Drivers, uninstalled SEP and I'm still BlueScreening every day. Help!

Well, I'm extremely accurate in my diagnosis, but I can't make them without crash dumps. And you'll be really well off to follow my signature too.

Back