Windows 10 Windows 10 Activation issues

ragnarok1968

Hey guys, it has been a while since I posted. I was having some terrible issues with my Windows 10 install.

I had some terrible issues with updates breaking my activation. I would go from 14393.1066 to 15063.0 or 15063.250 and my activation would tell me it either couldn't reach the activation server or wasn't activated which prevented me from using my store apps.

yesterday, I simply downloaded the latest media creation tool and created a USB drive for reinstalling Windows 10. So I simply took that step of faith and installed again

there appears in some cases, issues with activation. I've been a legal user of Windows 10 since the beginning with the build 9926. Windows 10 is still a mess but my using the non-OEM version of Windows 10 and my drivers are just fine. all there. But there's something wrong with Windows 10 when it breaks itself.

I'll keep you all posted.

-Chris

Both. I have a Serial key for both SKU's. I had problems going from Home to Pro and now sometimes Home staying on Home.

It just seems to be a problem. It tells me that I'm activated through my account, or its activated product ID and last xxxxx.xxxxx.????? as the serial key.

But it tends to change from time to time. It does cause some grief because as a service, it tends to prevent the product from functioning as it should despite being legit.

I would like to try and put it on feedback but I've come to realize that Microsoft doesn't always listen. not that I'm saying they are bad or anything. But there are some issues with the most needed aspects of the OS

What do you mean "going from Home to Pro and now Home staying on Home" did you upgrade or are you toggling between them and how is this a dual boot or what?

I bought the upgrade to Pro from the store. times I would install the home that came with this laptop, MSi OEM Windows 10 home. then I would install the upgrade I purchased and that would cause problems.

It happened when I used strictly home and go from 14393.1066 to 15063.0 and on to 15063.250. I'd find myself rolling back to 14393.1066 and it would go back to activated just fine. then Windows 10 forced installed back to 15063. then it "might" be ok but then .250 would update and be broken. go back to 14393.1066.

Now, it seems to just happen for no apparent reason. Both my Home & Pro versions are with my account. but I got A LOT of issues where Windows10 would simply be unable to contact the activation server and my store apps would work, sometimes not.

But the entire last week was hell for me in that this has caused me much grief to spend more time trying to "fix" all these issues than use the OS

giphy.gif

I did create the USB drive through the media creation tool and it seems a lot more stable. I mean, MSi started me out at 10253.xxx I think it is. they now have offered the anniversary update and should update to the 15063.250 build ASAP.

But my system goes through a lot of thrashing from 10253/10258 whatever build, slips my mind all the way to 15063.250. to boot, my drivers installed just fine too. All I have to do was update those as needed.

I would go back to the latest build and run the activation troubleshooter or run slmgr /dlv and post the output.

I appreciate that Neemobeer. I used the slmgr.vbs -ato and that wouldn't work when it couldn't connect to the activation servers.

That is what I had to do awhile back. Once I contacted them they gave me a new key and so far no problems.

I'd replaced a mobo which caused my activation to fail. Quick call and it was all sorted. They even called me back listened to my issue tried to fix it and couldn't. So generated a new retail key so I can upgrade as much as I want.

You could try phone activation, I had to do it when mine said couldn't connect to activation servers. They ended up giving me a new key, which then worked

Did that. I think the activation works a lot like most PC Games. Using Steam/Uplay you have to always be connected.

From time to time, I'll see that it is activated Product ID....... Product Key .......

then it will change from time to time as

Activated by your account linked.....

and that's it. But since then It stays good. so no harm no foul. for now..

What do you mean "going from Home to Pro and now Home staying on Home" did you upgrade or are you toggling between them and how is this a dual boot or what?

Sorry I missed your question. I have Home. so I install home first then, from the windows store I used to update to Pro about build 14393.1066. something with the pro update broke the activation.

With Home, staying on home version I would upgrade and still have broken activations. So far with using a new Creators update USB drive and installed my issues may be over. the MSi version that came with this laptop was giving me massive problems. MSi just went from 10258 to anniversary update recently.

I think I am out of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom