Windows 10 Windows 10 Anniversary update failure

john92210

I downloaded the Win10_1607_English_x64.iso file and burned it to disk. I tried twice to install. Both attempts failed! After completely running through the installation, the first attempt gave the error 0xc1900101-0x40017 and the second attempt gave the error 0XC190010-0X4007. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! In both attempts I was using the option to save data and files. Do you think that trying a clean install would work? I remember that back in January (just 8 months ago) I had also had great difficulty trying to install Windows 10 to replace Windows 7. What’s going on?

Hi john92210,

Yeah, we know it's a problem, we don't know what's going on to be honest.:( Take a look at this Post I made from yesterday regarding the failure of the W10 Anniverary Update, specifically POST #2 here: Windows 10 - Hardware & Software issues in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update

If you want to dig deeper into the gory details of us discovering and attempting to solve the issue, have a look here, specifically my POSTS #38, & #44 here: Windows 10 - Download Windows 10 Build 14393.10 Anniversary Update

As soon as we find a solution, we'll let everyone know. You'll get an answer sooner if you go in and subscribe to follow this thread!

Sorry we don't have an immediate answer for you.:redface:
Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :nerdie:

Back