Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD : IRQL Unexspected Value

Lukipow

Hello Everyone, Since I installed Windows 10 now, my Computer gets a BSOD when I start a programm as Administrator... (IRQL Unexspected Value) Maybe someone of you can help me , since I am running out of Ideas.

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• Crash.rar
    559 bytes · Views: 276
Hello Everyone, Since I installed Windows 10 now, my Computer gets a BSOD when I start a programm as Administrator... (IRQL Unexspected Value) Maybe someone of you can help me , since I am running out of Ideas.

Thanks everyone
Hi,
ideally we need to see the full dump file or files (the more the better). If you read the sections sticky (oh and i moved your thread to the correct section) which can be found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

You'll find out what you need to post and even an app to make things easier.

However, the screenshot you did supply gave enough information for the bugcheck which is:
0x000000C8 : IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE
Usually a driver issue causing the IROL to be changed.

You need to update your drivers if you haven't already and these can be found via the manufacturers support page. If you can post the information asked for we can help you on where to find them.

Sorry for the late answer, but I got the Full Scan results here:

Attachments

• All Files.zip
    290.9 KB · Views: 492
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C8, {20000, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe ( nt_wrong_symbols!58DEE9F6889000 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
your dump file is either corrupted or accessing incorrect symbols in the debugger. I'm currently downloading the correct symbols so will post again shortly.. :)

Well that didn't really make any difference and firstly I'd remove Avast and just use the onboard Defender coupled with the free Malwarebytes. You can always re-install at a later date.

No driver of note has appeared anywhere and it might be an idea to run the driver verifier.

First you need to make sure you have a recovery disk/USB or win 10 install media. You need this in case the verifier set's off a boot loop bsod. If this happens you then use the recovery tool to get back into safe mode and turn the verifer off.
This will guide you through the process:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Good luck and post any new dump files.

So, I tried everything that you said but I will still get a BSOD when opening a Program as Admin.

Here I got the latest dump file!

Attachments

• 041317-4453-01.zip
    155.9 KB · Views: 310
Hi,
yeah not much has changed from the last dump file and it still looks corrupted. I did ask that you tun the driver verifier above because your dump files aren't reporting back a driver name, will you be doing this later or?

Also what else has changed since you updated to windows 10?

Did you add any new hardware or software?

When you installed windows 10 was it a clean install or did you upgrade?

Try the verifier, as long as you have the recovery disk that is.

I did installed it once clean and once upgraded. Both options have the same Error. What do you want me to do exactly with the driver verifier, because there are 4 options.

I appreciate all of your help.

After Using the Driver Verifier, my Pc starts normally, but after around 20 Seconds, I'm getting a new BSOD with "

driver verifier io manager violation"

EDIT: After using every Point on Driver Verifier I am not getting any Crash anymore from the verifier. DUMP File still looks the same though.

Attachments

• Driver Verifier.zip
    154.3 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {12, fffff8006e93dc10, 0, 1}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

***    Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger   ***
***    doesn't have full symbol information.  Unqualified symbol      ***
***    resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a   ***
***    fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ***

Hi,
you can disable the verifier thanks. Unfortunately it appears that at this time there are no debugging symbols for your build even though a download exists, it just doesn't seem to work.
It appears the symbol issue is widespread: No symbols available from MS for Creators Update 1703 (15063.13)? - - Windows 10 Forums

Apart from Windows 10 has anything new (hardware/software) been added recently?

Please run these scans:

File scans (the last scan might not work if using build 15063)
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Can you have a look through the event logs for a reoccurring issue, hopefully with a app or driver attached.

I did installed it (windows) once clean and once upgraded. Both options have the same Error.

I might be that the same bit of software is being used each time.

Did you find all your drivers from one source?
If so where?

Same with applications, view anything third party suspicious especially if it's an overclocking utility.

Post back with anything you find.

Please run a chkdsk:
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

This is simply to check on other possibilites..

First scan did not find any Damage, but on the second scan I am getting the error: 0x800f081f

And No, I do not have any new hardware since updating to win 10. On Windows 8.1 everything worked, so there must be some driver too old or missing.

First scan did not find any Damage, but on the second scan I am getting the error: 0x800f081f
If your running build 15063 don't worry about it as we all have that bug. Hopefully it will be fixed with a new update. If your using another version of windows other than creators try installing .NET 3.5

I am on Windows 10 Version 1703 x64 (KB4018483)
Yup that's the build with the DISM bug..

If so where?

Same with applications, view anything third party suspicious especially if it's an overclocking utility.

I am just running out of Ideas trying to fix this bluescreen for a week now...
It can take a while sometimes but we'll get there eventually.

Is this install from an upgrade or clean install?

If so where?

The Only Drivers I've got are the Geforce Experience for my Gtx1080 and the Network Driver for my Mainboard. I am also having the newest Bios.

This Windows 10 is an Update, not a clean install.

The Only Drivers I've got are the Geforce Experience for my Gtx1080 and the Network Driver for my Mainboard.
You need to install the drivers for your mainboard.

Your chipset drivers alone are extremely important as they tell the system how to run. You'll see two downloads, one for 'chipset' and the other 'Engine management'. You need both..

Go though and install the updates for audio, USB and SATA.

your motherboard support page is here:
Z170 PRO GAMING | Motherboards | ASUS United Kingdom

Back