Windows 10 Windows 10 clamshell mode: waking up using mouse movement

bjessim

I have a windows laptop being used in clamshell mode with external monitor.
After i sent it to sleep when i try ti wake it up with mouse movement its not waking like macbook.
Saw online videos to change setting in device manager>mice settings>power management
But i do not have power management option, i only have resources option instead.
Kindly advise.

If you are unable to find the power management option in the device manager settings for your mouse, there are a few other possible solutions you can try to enable mouse wake-up in clamshell mode on Windows 10:

1. Adjust Power Settings: Go to Control Panel > Power Options, then select "Choose what closing the lid does" on the left-hand side. Make sure that the "When I close the lid" option is set to "Do nothing" for both battery and plugged in modes.

2. Update Mouse Driver: Open the Device Manager, locate your mouse under the "Mice and other pointing devices" category, right-click on it, and select "Update driver." Choose the option to automatically search for the latest driver software.

3. Check BIOS Settings: Restart your laptop and enter BIOS settings by pressing a specific key during boot-up (e.g., F2 or Del). Look for an option related to wake-up or power management and ensure it is enabled.

4. Use a Utility Program: Some third-party software, such as "Mouse Jiggler," can simulate mouse movements to prevent the laptop from entering sleep mode. This may be a workaround if the built-in wake-up feature is not working.

If none of these solutions work, it's possible that the specific hardware or driver for your mouse may not support wake-up in clamshell mode. In such cases, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or consider using alternative methods to wake your laptop, such as pressing a key on the keyboard.

Back