Windows 10 Windows 10 Creators Update BSOD on cold boot.

Found this in eventviewer also ; " Service Control Manager ; " dam EhStorClass could not load at start up id=7026 "
Made a sytem-check by ReimageRepair and they did not found big problems , but they offered me a deeper scan.
I have the report included..........
( still hoping you can find something I should repair,before starting with upgrading )

Attachments

• RegistryScanRes.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 531
To properly debug the problem with something like a dump file then you:

A: Need to be in the operating system in question

B: Produce minidumps.

As you not able to provide either of these things then your original statement about waiting for the upgrade to arrive is probably the best one.

I cant provide these files, for Im on a good working OS at this moment, if I understand you well , its possible after upgrade and crashing ??
Did you notice some strange items in my latest uploads ?
Is this dam EhStorClass with id=7026 something to worry about ?

if I understand you well , its possible after upgrade and crashing ??
Exactly, if you upgrade and it crashes post the dump files.. Oh make sure you do not turn the pagefile off.

Did you notice some strange items in my latest uploads ?
Not really no. All looked as it should.

Is this dam EhStorClass with id=7026 something to worry about ?
Dunno is it on the new os or the old? As we have suggested before if in doubt try updating or re-installing driver.

Also do not forget that google will help you search for the event ID and meanings

Event ID 7026: "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load" - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

dam EhStorClass is on 1607-system and could not load (id=7026).
This file(driver?) is in system32/drivers. I can not figure out what it does or if I can delete it..........

Didn't the Event ID say something about Storage drivers?

To be honest if your unsure on what it is then best left well alone.

It narrows down the issue to usb though which could be of help. I'd do a test disable usb mass storage in the bios and see if the machine boots then.

The issue doesn't occur in the build the user has issues with 1703

Might be worth testing once back in 1703 and the issue is continuing..

Yes I was think disable it and then try 1703. If it boots quickly install the latest usb drivers for the machine. Reboot to bios enable mass storage and see if it then boots as it should.

Well the op has stated he updated drivers many times plus I'm not sure if a USB driver would affect the HDD/SSD that he boots from... I'm pretty sure the only reason we are discussing this is because he saw it in the event logs and wondered if it was an issue.
I guess once he's back on 1703 we will find out.. I hope.

Much appreciate your help ,all of you !!
I will wait ,untill this 1703 is available in WU.
I have tried this upgrade/install so often ,Im tired and desperate,coz I still dont know what causes the BSODs.
I guess , we will only find out after a new upgrade.
In the meantime , trying to search for other failures/drivers etc. ( on 1607 ) , which could cause the BSODs ( after upgrade/install and ONLY WITH COLD BOOT !)
All your ideas/advices are very welcome , the more we know the sooner we find "the bad guy" ,which causes all these troubles ..........

Discovered ; fastboot enabled in BIOS ,while no hyber.sys-file present ( hybernation is disabled !), so I switched fastboot off in BIOS.
I have seen you should have hybernation enabled ( so hyber.sys-file !), for fastboot in BIOS .
Well, it was enabled in BIOS with no hybersys-file (hybernation switched off) in the PC , could this be the reason of all my upgrade/BSOD-troubles........??

I'm not real up to speed on these new self-built Motherboards, but on OEM Mobos using an SSD bootdrive only, I haven't seen any issues with enabling or disabling fastboot in BIOS. The SSD is so fast compared to the old mechanical HDD's, the BIOS barely gets time to be read before Windows starts it's HAL scan and bootup. On OEM computers, I didn't notice but a 1-2 second difference (if that) between having fastboot enabled or disabled in the BIOS. If you're the OCD type and you can pick up 2 seconds with having it enabled, then do so as long as it doesn't cause the BSODs. Of course, you won't know that until you bite the bullet and reinstall the v1703 CU update again on your existing hardware.
I think that kemical is on the money about you trying both the Update and Clean Install when you do try it. The Update is giving me fits, and I'm currently publishing an article in our local Computer Club newsletter about it. The latest word we have directly from Microsoft is that their servers now report 400 million computers have the v1703 Update with zero failures! Bahh! I have 3 out of 3 failures right here. The Update didn't install automatically, as reported by Microsoft said it should. All 3 had to get Updated via the new W10 UPGRADE ASSISTANT tool. And 1 of them failed using the tool even after 5 times trying. This is just slightly better than any of the previous W10 build updates going all the way back to Sep. 2014 on the Tech Preview builds. My opinion is the same as kemical for these reasons, the v1703 CU Update is deeply flawed and we are telling you this to simplify the fixing of your problem--SIMPLY DON'T USE IT!! Do the Clean Install as we are recommending. Period. :angered:

Then if the BSODs continue to occur, you can post your dump files so kemical and others can examine it and help you figure out what device or driver is causing the actual problem. Why complicate things by doing the Update which we already knows doesn't work correctly?

Best,:lightbulb:
<<<BBJ>>>

Thank you ! You say fresh install , but fresh install or upgrade did not matter, they both failed with cold boot BSOD.( IRQL not less or equal )
I tried this "upgrade-assistent " 5 times already and also used the DVD for fresh install , so I better wait untill its available with WU.
Strange, fastboot was ( I set it off,today) enabled in BIOS ,wile no hybrid.sys file is present on this PC.
I thought you need this file for enabling "fastboot".........??
Im very curious to find the reason of the BSODs , and Im sure we will find it when trying again to upgrade/new install.
Will wait for WU with the upgrade , so I have time to find a possible reason for the failure,and prepare for next attempt..........

Tried again this morning , upgrading from ISO . Seemed ok, but after (again!) cold start ,BSOD with IRQL etc and with ACPI.sys .
Just can not find the crahdump-file !! Used bluescreen but its empty !WHERE is this crashdump,why so hard to find ?
Will wait with roll-back to 1607,untill we find the reason.............
Finally got bugs-report !
After 60 minutes fresh reboot, BSOD IRQL etc. ACPI.sys
Uploaded 2 reports , so the cause must be clear now,please, let me know what to do next !

Last edited:
Hi,
I need to see the real copy of this:
Capture.JPG

See the big red arrow?

That's where you will find the actual dump file itself.

I did suggest using the application found in this thread:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

As i have mentioned what seems many times before this will collect the data FOR YOU. Simply right click on it and run as administrator

I thought you were going to wait?

Last edited:
I will do as you tell me, I have a dumpfile from minidump-folder , found it !! Its from yesterday-evening.
Will try again,with WF7-tool .After cold boot this morning ,I got BSOD with "memory management " , there is no dump-file of it on the PC, maybe coz I rebooted automatic in Windows again ?
We will find the solution,finally !
I will not roll-back to 1607 ,untill we have found the culprit this time................

Attachments

• 042517-4609-01.dmp
    250 KB · Views: 327
Back