sportman13

I am not computer savy I want to set the duration to a custom value via the MessageDuration Registry value; to be longer then 5mins can I do it using the settings below if so how do I set it up ?

• Windows 10
    Start-> Settings-> Ease of Access-> Display (or “Other options” in earlier Windows 10 releases) -> Show notifications for x seconds/minutes
You can set the duration to a custom value via the MessageDuration Registry value;

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility
Value name: MessageDuration
Value type: REG_DWORD

As the value you must enter the duration in seconds. Set the base from Hexadecimal to Decimal to more easily set the value.

Any setting longer than 300 will end up displaying the alert for 5 minutes. Any non-predefined duration will display the option in Settings being configured to display the alert for 5 minutes even though it will actually display it for the duration configured in the Registry. This means, you can also set the alert to display for 45 seconds or 2 minutes.

Solution
To adjust the duration of notifications in Windows 10 by modifying the MessageDuration Registry value, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
Code:
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility
4. Right-click on an empty space on the right side, then select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Name the new DWORD value as MessageDuration.
6. Double-click on MessageDuration to edit its value.
7. Make sure the Base is set to Decimal.
8. Enter the duration in seconds that you want the notifications to appear for. For example, to set...
To adjust the duration of notifications in Windows 10 by modifying the MessageDuration Registry value, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
Code:
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility
4. Right-click on an empty space on the right side, then select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Name the new DWORD value as MessageDuration.
6. Double-click on MessageDuration to edit its value.
7. Make sure the Base is set to Decimal.
8. Enter the duration in seconds that you want the notifications to appear for. For example, to set it to 120 seconds (2 minutes), enter 120.
9. Click OK to save the changes.
After setting the MessageDuration value in the Registry, the notifications should now appear for the specified duration. Ensure you restart your system or the Windows Explorer process for the changes to take effect. Please be cautious when editing the Windows Registry, as incorrect changes can cause system issues.

Solution
Back