Windows 10 Windows 10 February 2023 Patch Tuesday Update: KB5022834 Improves Security and Quality

1676416455615.png

Microsoft has released the latest Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10, which includes security and quality improvements. The update is available for Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H2, and 22H2, and it will update the operating system build to 19042.2604, 19044.2604, and 19045.2604 respectively.

As part of the update, Microsoft has also reminded users that Internet Explorer 11 desktop application has been retired and will no longer receive support from February 14, 2023. This means that certain versions of Windows 10 will no longer be able to use the application, and users are encouraged to switch to Microsoft Edge as their default browser.

The Patch Tuesday update also includes a servicing stack update (SSU) that improves the component responsible for installing Windows updates. The SSU ensures that your device has a reliable servicing stack to receive and install Microsoft updates.

It's important to note that after March 2023, there will be no more optional, non-security preview releases for Windows 10 versions 20H2 and 21H2. Only cumulative monthly security updates will continue for these versions. Windows 10 version 22H2 will continue to receive security and optional releases.

For those still using Windows 10 version 21H1, it's important to note that it reached end of service on December 13, 2022, and will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates. Users are encouraged to update to the latest version of Windows to continue receiving security and quality updates.

Overall, the latest Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10 includes important security and quality improvements. It's crucial for Windows 10 users to keep their operating system up-to-date to ensure optimal performance and protection against security threats.

Last edited:
I can't get this update (KB5022834) to work, nor the latest (KB5023696). They just hang up then report a failure. Tried the troubleshooters routine to no avail. Running Norton's in safe mode and other stuff, so it is just Microsoft's win-10 losers maybe. Any suggestions?

I can't get this update (KB5022834) to work, nor the latest (KB5023696). They just hang up then report a failure. Tried the troubleshooters routine to no avail. Running Norton's in safe mode and other stuff, so it is just Microsoft's win-10 losers maybe. Any suggestions?
Try:

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
  3. Type the following command to perform an advanced DISM scan and press Enter: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth && sfc /scannow
This will take some time to complete. Once complete, try restarting the system and running Windows Update again.

Will do Mike, thanks. For some strange reason update KB5023696 installed 100%, but just sits there while I am running DISM. Do not understand why my Dell laptop with Windows 11 has been virtually glitch free and updates fast and error free now for the past 6 months and my older Dell laptop with Windows 10 just will not cooperate at all. It is like MS is two different companies! Oh well.

Will do Mike, thanks. For some strange reason update KB5023696 installed 100%, but just sits there while I am running DISM. Do not understand why my Dell laptop with Windows 11 has been virtually glitch free and updates fast and error free now for the past 6 months and my older Dell laptop with Windows 10 just will not cooperate at all. It is like MS is two different companies! Oh well.
You want to not do the update while DISM is running since the update technically will run DISM as well. Make sure the DISM command completes as well as sfc /scannow after that, reboot, and try running the updates again.

I misspoke. or something. I did not run DISM during an update.

But, I gave up and am resetting Windows 10 and now it is hung at 68%. The last time this happened it took all night to continue and get right. Oh well, good thing I have a good Windows 11 laptop.

I misspoke. or something. I did not run DISM during an update.

But, I gave up and am resetting Windows 10 and now it is hung at 68%. The last time this happened it took all night to continue and get right. Oh well, good thing I have a good Windows 11 laptop.
Could be the SSD... not normal behavior at all.

Actually, it hung at 68% from the time we drove up to Sebring and back after shopping and eating, then later on it finished the reset very nicely. Now I just have to reload the backup files.

Back
Top Bottom