Windows 10 PC Preview Build 14915

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Windows Insiders can now start downloading Windows 10 PC Preview Build 14915 in the fast ring. :D

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I'll probably grab it and throw it in a VM.

BIGBEARJEDI

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
After my recent crush of service calls is done, I may try that as well.;) I've been wanting to try VM to test Preview builds for a while now since Norway mentioned it to me last year. And now there is that new Hyper-V tool in W10 v1607 I think? So much testing, so little time. Just got back from a short vacation last weekend, and I'm already ready for another one soon (October?).

BBJ

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
VMware is still probably the best, however if you are running the VMs locally VMware player (the free one) doesn't have any snapshot capabilities which is a show stopper for me and VMware Workstation does, but it costs a bit $250. Hyper-V has gotten a lot better but it it's not as good as VMware workstation. VirtualBox is probably the best free local solution for VMs IMO. I use Virtualbox locally for quick testing and VMWare ESXi on a beefy workstation I have for my security lab (malware reverse engineering)

BIGBEARJEDI

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
That's what I thought. I'm not familiar with the VirtualBox; I'll have to look into that one. It sounds really good. ;) Appreciate the input. I'll get to that stuff over the winter months I suspect, when I'm stuck inside with the snow outside. :cold: I like that it can help me do more testing of apps and preview builds etc.:nerdie:

BBJ

helpifIcan

Fantastic Member
I have been running VBOX win10 insider for almost 2 years, no big issues and they do frequent updates. Get a little glitch every once in awhile but they are quick to fix. Never and a complete meltdown.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.