Windows 10 Windows 10 Random Freezes

Matt Evatt

Hi,

I have been experiencing random freezes in Windows 10 since I installed it on June 29th. I have attached the output from your utility; please let me know if you need any other information about my computer or configuration than what's included in that file.

One thing is that I have run Memtest several times with no errors detected. The longest run was for 17 passes over 24 hours.

I have also run a graphics card stress test utility also with no problems. Please let me know if you need to know exactly what that utility was.

Thank you in advance for looking at this message.

Matt Evatt

Attachments

• W7F_07-09-2015.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 967
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, b9f, bf81d3f1d0, ffffd00023be7000}

Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v;r;kv;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;!peb;!sysinfo cpuinfo;!sysinfo machineid; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo smbios
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)
This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page.  This is a hardware memory error.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page
Arg2: 0000000000000b9f, physical page number
Arg3: 000000bf81d3f1d0, zero
Arg4: ffffd00023be7000, zero
Hi,
almost all your dump files are the same apart from a Bugcheck 3B blaming Memory corruption.

I'm not sure if this is because your RAM is faulty or your system isn't compatible with Windows 10. Did you check before installing windows 10 that it's compatible? I did look on the compatibility site but no results for your machine came up. I have dealt with one or two users who's systems reported bad ram as soon as they upgraded but with your machine I'm not so sure. Anyway testing will eventually prove whats what I guess..

One of your problems is all of your drivers date from 2009 and are for Windows 7. As your probably aware laptop drivers are exclusively supplied by the manufacturer apart from some gpu drivers. Checking your system support page shows only Windows 7 drivers being available.
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/UL80Vt/HelpDesk_Download/

I did find an Nvidia driver update which is recent and of course with it being the gpu you should be able to use it:
Drivers | GeForce

Uninstall the previous driver using this app:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.4.1.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
This will remove any loose bits of driver left hanging around from previous installs.

I know you've already ran Memtest86 but sometimes it will fail to find an issue even after hours of testing. Another way to test is to to run the machine on one stick of RAM at a time. Usually one will find the bsod occurs on one stick and not the other so give it a try.

Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. This will tell us how corrupt the os is.

Post any new dump files.

Thank you for the reply. I ran the command sfc /scannow and there were no problems detected.

I have attempted to upgrade the driver for the Nvidia G210M video card, but no drivers beyond the Windows 7 driver provided by Asus will work with this machine due to the fact that it has a hybrid graphics scheme. When attempting to upgrade the driver, the computer will not start up at all.

I have not run Memtest86 on each memory stick yet; I will do that. However, I contacted Asus and found that this particular model is not supported for upgrade to Windows 10. I think, therefore, that I will have to go back to Windows 7.

Again, thanks for the help. If I find anything after running Memtest86 on individual memory sticks, I will post that information.

Ok Matt, thank you for updating. I had a hunch it might have been a compatibility issue. The weird thing is if you look for G210 gpu on the compatibility site it says it's compatible although I guess this is perhaps for the desktop version?
Anyhoo best of luck with the testing and if anything should pop up now your back on win 7 (I very much doubt it) then simply post back.. :)

Back