Windows 10 resets date format by itself

EZG

Hey guys,

I have a strange behavior on my system:
I manually select date format to be dd.mm.yy and after every reboot, or even randomly while using the computer it resets itself to dd/mm/yy.
This is driving me crazy.
I even tried to edit the registry key manually but it's not helping it produces the same behavior.

I hope someone can help me, thanks, have a great day !

Hello,

I understand your frustration with the date format resetting itself on your Windows 10 system. This can indeed be an annoying problem to deal with. Let's explore some possible causes and solutions for this behavior.

One possibility is that there might be a conflict with a third-party software or utility that is overriding your date format settings. Try to identify any recently installed software or programs that might be related to system settings and consider uninstalling them temporarily to see if the issue persists.

Another potential cause could be a corrupted system file or a bug in the operating system. In such cases, performing a system file check can be useful. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type the command "sfc /scannow" (without quotes), then hit Enter. This will initiate a scan for any corrupted system files and attempt to repair them.

If the problem still persists, we can try a few other troubleshooting steps. You could perform a clean boot to determine if any third-party applications or services are interfering with your date format settings. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) in the box and hit Enter.
3. In the System Configuration window that opens, go to the "Services" tab.
4. Check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft services."
5. Click "Disable all" to turn off all non-Microsoft services.
6. In the same window, go to the "Startup" tab and click "Open Task Manager."
7. In Task Manager, disable all startup items.
8. Close Task Manager and click "OK" in the System Configuration window.
9. Restart your computer.

After the clean boot, check if the date format still resets itself. If it doesn't, it means one of the disabled services or startup items was causing the issue. You can now enable them one by one, restarting your computer after each enable, to identify the problematic one.

In case none of these steps work, you can also try creating a new user account and see if the date format settings remain intact in the new account. If they do, it suggests that the issue is specific to your user profile, and creating a new profile might be a workaround.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can help diagnose the problem more thoroughly and provide specific solutions for your system.

I hope one of these suggestions helps resolve your date format issue. Good luck, and I hope you have a great day too!

Back