Windows 10 software for multiple webcams?

chetan94

So long story short i run a factory, that factory has a big packaging machine thats a little tricky to monitor, theres a few spots that sometimes fail, resulting in a box being packed with damaged packets. Because of the angles and locations its a bit hard to station a person there to keep an eye on it.

Instead we're going to set up a little mini computer (was originally considering a raspberry pi, but for usability im just going to buy a cheap mini windows 10 pc instead, make it easy for the guys in the factory to use). The computer will be plugged into about 2 or 3 webcams (still working that out) with one monitor mounted on top of our packaging machine.

Is there some software out there that will allow me to display live feeds from all the webcams on the one monitor at the same time? preferably with the option to allow somebody to zoom in on one feed while still displaying the others in small boxes. Also, whilst recording/taking pictures isnt essential (we could easily live without that feature, as we will mostly be relying on somebody stationed there to keep an eye on the feed) it would be nice if it could do record as a backup.

As this is for a factory it doesnt need to be free software, more than happy to pay for it. But would rather not sign up to a subscription based program, would prefer just to pay for it once and forget about it.

I would instead look at either wireless or wired network cameras and setup a zoneminder server, or just buy a canned solution. This way you can actually record the cameras and have footage if you need attestation of anything that is recorded.

Back
Top Bottom