mAxine mAxwell

Dear Gurus:

I have a HPElite8300sff with a DVD burner and HPEliteBook840 without a DVD burner. Both are running Windows 10 64bit, v.1803. I was able to install Adobe CS with valid 10- user license, with a good ISO file.

Now. I want to install the ISO on a Dell, Windows 10 64bit v.1803, Latitude 5580, Drive Letter “D” unused, without a DVD burner. When I mount the ISO, the image mounted as “D:,” the app installer opens up. I try to run SetUp.exe and encounter an error which stalls the whole process: Please insert the Disk “Adobe CS”!

I try to reboot the System and to repeat the process. To No Avail. I check on ComputerManagement> DiskManagement: the ISO is mounted as Drive Letter “D.”

Help. Please. What Went Wrong?

Maxine NyNy

Solution
It seems like the error you're encountering is related to the installer not recognizing the mounted ISO image as the correct installation source. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Run the Setup as Administrator: Right-click on the Setup.exe file and select "Run as administrator" to ensure that the installation process has the necessary permissions to access the mounted ISO image.
2. Check the ISO Integrity: Verify that the ISO file is not corrupted by checking its integrity or mounting it on another system to see if the same issue occurs.
3. Re-Mount the ISO: Unmount the ISO image, then remount it on the Dell computer to ensure that the ISO is correctly mounted as the D: drive.
It seems like the error you're encountering is related to the installer not recognizing the mounted ISO image as the correct installation source. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Run the Setup as Administrator: Right-click on the Setup.exe file and select "Run as administrator" to ensure that the installation process has the necessary permissions to access the mounted ISO image.
2. Check the ISO Integrity: Verify that the ISO file is not corrupted by checking its integrity or mounting it on another system to see if the same issue occurs.
3. Re-Mount the ISO: Unmount the ISO image, then remount it on the Dell computer to ensure that the ISO is correctly mounted as the D: drive.
4. Explore the ISO: Use a file explorer to check the contents of the mounted ISO image on the Dell system to confirm that all the setup files are accessible without any issues.
5. Alternative Installation: If the issue persists, consider extracting the contents of the ISO image to a folder on the Dell PC and running the setup file from the extracted folder directly.
6. Virtual DVD Software: If the Dell Latitude 5580 does not have a built-in DVD drive, you can use virtual DVD drive software like Virtual CloneDrive to mount the ISO image as a virtual DVD drive.
7. Check for Multiple Mounted Drives: Ensure that there are no conflicting virtual drives mounted that may confuse the installer regarding the location of the setup files.
By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the issue with installing Adobe CS from the mounted ISO on the Dell Latitude 5580. If the problem persists, consider testing the ISO on another system to confirm its integrity.

Solution