Windows 10 Windows 10 Wireless user and password entry keeps disappearing before I can enter it

Mr Kitteh

I recently upgraded an HP Probook 450 to Windows 10 from 8.1. It all worked fine and I connected it to Eduroam our University wireless. However I then had to do a forget on the wireless to enter a different user and now whenever I try to enter the user name and the password they disappear after a few seconds before I can finish inputting them and click on connect. I have no idea what may be causing this or how to fix it. Any ideas or help please?

Hi,
apologies as it seems your post has been missed. Have you tried running an app like Ccleaner? This will remove previous movements around the net as well as cookies:
CCleaner - Download

Check for Malware:
Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software

Both apps are free.

Another thing to try is if it happens again press ctrl+F5 whilst still on the same page and this will reset the page as well as remove any cookies.

Hi

Thanks for this. In actual fact this is a university wide issue on all Windows 10 laptops brought in by students. We have a setup which we can run that does it manually but surely it's a bug in the operating system. Thanks for your reply though. I am very surprised it's not come up in other places especially universities.

I will try the Ctrl+F5 however and see if that helps

Back
Top Bottom