Windows 10 x64 system recovery Disc

Spike1947

Hi
I have done a system recovery of my Windows 10 x64 , ver1909 PC to a Pen Drive, problem is my PC will not boot from a Pen drive, so I have just got a Dual Layer Rewriter and DL Discs, I would like to put the recovery files from the Pen drive onto a DL DVD , would that be possible and will I be able to boot from that DVD ? .

Cheers
Spike

Hi
I have done a system recovery of my Windows 10 x64 , ver1909 PC to a Pen Drive, problem is my PC will not boot from a Pen drive, so I have just got a Dual Layer Rewriter and DL Discs, I would like to put the recovery files from the Pen drive onto a DL DVD , would that be possible and will I be able to boot from that DVD ? .

Cheers
Spike
The boot sector of a bootable CD/DVD is different from a UFD, so it's not as simple as copying the files from your UFD to an optical disc, but it can be done, just not sure about the details. However, systems have supported UFD booting for about 15 or more years, so unless you're running Win10 on a beast from the Win2K generation, you can boot from a USB drive. Usually you have to press F10 or F12 during the POST to enter the boot override menu, it varies between BIOS manufacturers. Just be sure the UFD is plugged in before powering on or rebooting. If USB 3 doesn't work, try a USB 2 port.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Back