Windows 11 setup can't find drives

nicholda

Whilst attempting to install Windows 11 onto my new PC I am getting a message saying "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver.". I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU with an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II motherboard. The storage device is a Samsung 960 Pro Evo. I have no other storage devices currently connected and my SATA Mode is set to AHCI in the BIOS.

I have tried:

Installing and extracting the "AMD RAID Driver For Windows 10/11 64-bit." driver from ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II | Gaming motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global onto a USB and loading it in the Windows Setup but when I do so it says "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK." even when I uncheck "Hide drivers that aren't compatible with this computer's hardware.".

I'm all out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

It seems like you are encountering an issue with Windows 11 setup not being able to detect any drives on your system. This can happen if the necessary storage drivers are not present during the installation process. Here are a few suggestions you can try to resolve this problem:

1. Check your BIOS settings: You mentioned that your SATA Mode is set to AHCI in the BIOS, which is the correct setting for most systems. However, it's worth double-checking if there are any additional settings related to storage devices that could be causing the issue. Make sure that your storage device is properly connected and recognized in the BIOS.

2. Verify the integrity of your Windows installation media: Ensure that the Windows 11 installation media you are using is not corrupted or damaged. You can try creating a new installation media using the official Microsoft Windows 11 Media Creation Tool to rule out any issues with the existing one.

3. Try a different USB port: Sometimes, changing the USB port used for connecting the installation media can help resolve detection issues. Try using a different USB port on your system and see if that makes a difference.

4. Check for updated drivers: Visit the manufacturer's website for your motherboard (ASUS) and download the latest storage drivers specifically designed for Windows 11. Make sure you select the correct driver for your motherboard model and operating system version. Extract the driver files onto a USB drive and try loading them during the installation process using the "Load driver" option.

5. Disable Secure Boot: In some cases, Secure Boot can interfere with the loading of unsigned drivers during the Windows installation process. You can try disabling Secure Boot temporarily in your BIOS settings and see if that allows the storage drivers to be loaded.

6. Test with a different storage device: If possible, try installing Windows 11 on a different storage device to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem lies with the storage device itself.

If none of the above solutions work, you may want to consider seeking assistance from ASUS support or Microsoft support for further troubleshooting steps specific to your hardware configuration.

so to be clear you did install Windows 11 and you did also install the chipset drivers before trying to load the raid?

Back