Windows 7 Windows 7 32 bit. Crashing than blue screen of death before automatic reboot.

Narakesh

Hi,

My computer has recently started freezing, than crashing, going to the BSOD, than automatically rebooting. All in the span of less the 60 seconds.
I haven't installed anything new, and it just started by itself.
Help would be very appreciated.

Hello and welcome.

C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy/paste the files in there to any other folder. Zip them and attach the zip to a post. We shall have a look.

Ehhh, not so good here with the 0x116 tdr timeout errors. They are amongst the most difficult to repair because there literally are tons of causes.

You do have a very old video driver so this in itself might be the cause, but perhaps not. Please update it:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

-------------

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this old, problem-causing driver:

PxHelp20 PxHelp20.sys Tue Jun 06 16:08:29 2006

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

-------------

Visit the manufacturer's site of your wireless adapter to download and install the latest update. This driver is too old:

WMP54Gv41x86 WMP54Gv41x86.sys Mon Dec 11 09:38:10 2006

--------------

If you have further issues, install the latest motherboard bios from the manufacturer's website.

Then uninstall Avast! in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot to normal mode and install MSE to replace it.

Good luck and please keep us updated on progress. Post a new crash dump if needed, after doing these things above.

Thanks alot Torrent. I'll do what you posted and will post here when it's done.

I think it probably is the outdated drivers as this used to be my dad's computer. Hopefully the fixes you posted will solve the crashing.

Oh no, I did everything you posted except update the Network driver ( couldn't find it) and it's still crashing. I even un installed all new programs. I forgot to mention that this computer used to run fine for months, this problem is only happening now, and once a year ago. However the last it happened it stopped after 4 times. Here's the new minidump, if it helps.View attachment Minidump 2.zip

Replace the wireless adapter then. 2006 wireless drivers will always crash Win 7.

Update your very old video driver:

atikmdag atikmdag.sys Fri Apr 24 06:50:20 2009

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this very old one:

ASPI32 ASPI32.SYS Fri Sep 10 19:46:10 1999

Uninstall all Acronis software - the drivers are too old:

snapman snapman.sys Fri Oct 06 09:44:30 2006

Last edited:
I did what you posted in Safe Mode ( Because if not, the computer kept hanging.) and i get a screen at the startup saying my computer can't start, and i should run Startup Repair. This is very odd.

I did what you posted in Safe Mode ( Because if not, the computer kept hanging.) and i get a screen at the startup saying my computer can't start, and i should run Startup Repair. This is very odd.
Just a quick update, i had to run a system restore to the time before i did all these changes. Any suggestions ? Perhaps just updating the network adapter might be the trick

Back