Windows 7 windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit !!!!!!!!!

gt11990

Hi i have a laptop with 3 gb ram intel pentium dual core and so on. i was wondering if i use 64 bit would it be faster with the 3gb ram then the 32 bit and also software wise which is better in compatibility:confused::confused:

Hi i have a laptop with 3 gb ram intel pentium dual core and so on. i was wondering if i use 64 bit would it be faster with the 3gb ram then the 32 bit and also software wise which is better in compatibility:confused::confused:

It's a coin flip... until you go over 3 gb memory or have an I7 processor there is little difference between 32 and 64

Tweaking Win 7 and truning off stuff you don't need will result in far better performance than either version.

I have tons of speed tweaks in my blogs.

I have a 64bit installation on my current computer and I can't tell much difference performance wise. I'd install 64bit just to future proof yourself, as eventually everything will be 64 bit.

I have a 64bit installation on my current computer and I can't tell much difference performance wise. I'd install 64bit just to future proof yourself, as eventually everything will be 64 bit.

As for software.. there are no Flash software for 64 bit browsers... or Search light software.... many drivers are still not available for 64 bit. I'm just not sure the software world is ready for 64 bit for a while.

So, instead of starting a new thread, I will continue on this one.

I have 4GB RAM and I installed the 64bit. However, I notice that all my programs (98%) are under x86 folder meaning that I don't actually utilize the 64bit performance. Instead, the programs that are designed for 32bit and operate in 64bit OS, are used with decreased performance. So, is it worth it to use 64bit in order to fully utilize the 4GB or use 32bit and fully utilize the performace of your most frequently used applications? I tend to choose the 2nd. I believe that you lose more with 64bit rather than the last 0,5 GB RAM you will lose with 32bit.

Experts, discuss please.

So, instead of starting a new thread, I will continue on this one.

I have 4GB RAM and I installed the 64bit. However, I notice that all my programs (98%) are under x86 folder meaning that I don't actually utilize the 64bit performance. Instead, the programs that are designed for 32bit and operate in 64bit OS, are used with decreased performance. So, is it worth it to use 64bit in order to fully utilize the 4GB or use 32bit and fully utilize the performace of your most frequently used applications? I tend to choose the 2nd. I believe that you lose more with 64bit rather than the last 0,5 GB RAM you will lose with 32bit.

Experts, discuss please.

Doesn't really matter. If you want increased performance look at my tagline for the link to Supercharge Win 7 for speed

I ran the 32-bit beta for a few months and then switched to 64-bit. I did not see much difference in performance. Perhaps some in my photo editing software. I had to wait a bit to get drivers but by the time I bought Windows7 all the drivers I needed were available.

Adobe doesn't have Flash for Windows7 64-bit. So, I normally run IE8 32-bit with no problems.

Not long ago, a program that ran in 64-bit was rare. Now, more and more programs are coming out in 64-bit. The fact that MS includes a 32-bit and a 64-bit disk in one package is called a clue to what is coming.

Back