Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit Build 7057 Install DVD blank screen

Topper59

I got the Windows 7 64 bit 7057 ISO and I burned it to a DVD-R disc using Imgburn. I have installed Windows 7 before using this same method. When I boot from the disc i get a black screen with the blinking _ on it. The drive spins a little, and then stops. And it stays blinking.

Here are my specs, for what it matters.
Abit IL9 Pro Motherboard
Intel Pentium D 3.0Ghz
4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 RAM
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3
Seagate 120GB IDE HDD (formatted)

Any help? Thanks

I got the Windows 7 64 bit 7057 ISO and I burned it to a DVD-R disc using Imgburn. I have installed Windows 7 before using this same method. When I boot from the disc i get a black screen with the blinking _ on it. The drive spins a little, and then stops. And it stays blinking.

Here are my specs, for what it matters.
Abit IL9 Pro Motherboard
Intel Pentium D 3.0Ghz
4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 RAM
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3
Seagate 120GB IDE HDD (formatted)

Any help? Thanks

3 possible explanations for the above symptom I can think of are:
1. The Downloaded ISO file was corrupt ...> verify MD5 Sums check if the diwnload site has posted MD5 for that file.
2. Corruption during Burning of the DVD...> use "file verification" option of your Disc burning software to make sure the properly downloaded and saved ISO file is faithfully burned to the disc.

3. Missed seeing the screen to "press any key to boot from the CD/DVD " during the bootup which is displayed for only a fraction of a second at times.......:( .....> Once you have made the Optical drive to boot before HDD in the BIOS and saved and rebooted, keep the finger lightly on any key and eyes watchfully on the screen to hit the key immediately when the screen displays the transient message "Press any key to boot from the CD"
Hope this narrows down the issues for you.

I did use verify when i burned the disc and it was successful.

I tried hitting the keys at the boot, one time I got "NTDLR is missing, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Every time after that it was still a blinking _

I did use verify when i burned the disc and it was successful.

I tried hitting the keys at the boot, one time I got "NTDLR is missing, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Every time after that it was still a blinking _
Hi,
Thank you for your answer

Well, the "NTLDR missing....." error opens up an entirely new fork in the diagnostic road. It means something happened to the Bootloader. I was wondering why you are getting the WinXP /2K boot error "Missing NTLDR" (NT Loader) instead of a reference to BCD (Boot Configuration Data).All we can say from that is the boot sector of your HDD is inaccessible for BIOS to hand over control to the OS to boot. If that assumption is true, it can be at best a missing or corrupt Win7 boot files or at worst a real hardware problem with the Data cable of the HDD , the hard disk itself etc.
My inquiry for such a scenario will start with BIOS setup to verify that the drive is still seen in the BIOS as it should. Then I would reboot with that OS DVD or better still with a different OS Like WinXP, or even Linux Live CD and check if you can access the drive and partitions if any you have created. If you can, then the troubleshoot is trying another Download of Win7 , creating a Bootable Systen disc and try Repartition, Reformat and install once again. The last suggestion was based on 7053 being a relaese in the 'wild" and we cannot assure its quality if you have not checked file integrity with MD5 Sumscheck. I will be happy to get your feed back . Good luck with your system installation. I was able to install Win7 x32 and X64 all available Builds and they are really good. So please try again.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it is a hardware problem because the HDD i'm going to install Windows 7 on is functioning, since I can see it in My computer (I have two hard drives, one with XP and one that i formatted for Windows 7). I can't check the MD5 though becuase I deleted the original ISO. Could a source of the problem be a scratched DVD? Because mine has a few scratches on it which could be the case. I'm going to try downloading another copy and then burning it to another DVD. (with no scratches ;)

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it is a hardware problem because the HDD i'm going to install Windows 7 on is functioning, since I can see it in My computer (I have two hard drives, one with XP and one that i formatted for Windows 7). I can't check the MD5 though becuase I deleted the original ISO. Could a source of the problem be a scratched DVD? Because mine has a few scratches on it which could be the case. I'm going to try downloading another copy and then burning it to another DVD. (with no scratches ;)
This additional information about the disk on which Win 7 installation was tried as being seen by Win XP in another drive conected to this PC, has ruled out a hardware problem related to disk damage or faulty Cable. If your Disc had become scratched during the burn or during the spin while installing, some sectors can be lost and data from there not installed on the HDD. In my experience during those times, setup used to 'hang' , the disc goes on spinning and at times a False message promting to "install the OS disc " "to copy files" show up on screen. since you don't have the same ISO file to burn another new blank disc and will have to get new files downloaded , we may never know if the disc was the problem or the original software. But who cares if the next install succeeds::)
Good luck.

Ok, I just downloaded it again, and the MD5 matches! Now I'm going to burn it to a brand new, DL DVD. Lets hope it works! (I know I don't need a DL, but it's the only one with absoluteley no scratches)

It must have been a scratch, because I installed it just fine!

Only problem now is it says I have 4GB of RAM, and it says 3.12GB usable...

Last edited:
Back