Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit SB Live! Audio Driver

renegadeandy

Hi!

I have a soundblaster sound card - it is a Live! 5.1 surround sound card and I cannot find the right driver for it anywhere for use within windows 7 64bit.

The vendor id : 1102
device id: 0002

I have tried the driver I thought I had used with my old 32bit windows but it doesnt work. Can anyone please help me find a compatible driver - sounds is important to me and I feel like im back in the dark ages installing linux and being left with no sound etc!

I think the driver i used to use was this : Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (Windows 2000/XP) - TechSpot Drivers

Cheers

Andy

This one :

Driver
Creative Sound Blaster Live! x64 Driver
Filesize : 21.23 MB Download
Hide Details
Release date : 12 Aug 05
File Name : SBL_PC64DRVBETA_LB_2_03_0005.exe
This beta driver release provides Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition support for Sound Blaster® Live! series internal audio cards only.
Requirements:

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Creative Sound Blaster Live! series internal audio card only
Notes:

This driver is only for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
This is an unsupported beta driver. Only experienced users should attempt installing this driver. Do not install this driver for critical tasks.
This beta release is not digitally signed. When the Microsoft Digital Signature dialog box appears, click the Continue Anyway button.
Do not install this driver for Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit series or USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External audio devices.
To install the driver, do the following:
Uninstall any existing audio device drivers.
Make sure that no other applications are running or active in your computer.
Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
Restart your computer to complete the installation.

?

This one :

Driver
Creative Sound Blaster Live! x64 Driver
Filesize : 21.23 MB Download
Hide Details
Release date : 12 Aug 05
File Name : SBL_PC64DRVBETA_LB_2_03_0005.exe
This beta driver release provides Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition support for Sound Blaster® Live! series internal audio cards only.
Requirements:

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Creative Sound Blaster Live! series internal audio card only
Notes:

This driver is only for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
This is an unsupported beta driver. Only experienced users should attempt installing this driver. Do not install this driver for critical tasks.
This beta release is not digitally signed. When the Microsoft Digital Signature dialog box appears, click the Continue Anyway button.
Do not install this driver for Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit series or USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External audio devices.
To install the driver, do the following:
Uninstall any existing audio device drivers.
Make sure that no other applications are running or active in your computer.
Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
Restart your computer to complete the installation.

?

nope it's wrong one....

this is the right one..!!

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series beta driver 2.18.0011
Filesize : 42.22 MB
icon_download.gif
Link Removed - Invalid URL
icon_showdetail.gif
Show Details

Release date : 1 Oct 09
This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Am getting it now - the odd thing is tho - i still dont see it in that list, maybe its filtering based upon the IP as a rough idea of what country im from... very very strange!

Having givin me the direct link however im now downloading it! Fingers crossed - your a legend if this works!

Re: renegadeandy

To the OP (renegadeandy), you should try the drivers from Link Removed due to 404 Error (Link Removed due to 404 Error) as people have been mentioning on other threads. I struggled with getting a working driver for a Soundblaster Live! card on a Win7 Ultimate x64 install (tried the one's from Creative's site and elsewhere), and after about 5 hours finally found this one. After installing it, you may have to go into the Sound options in Control Panel and test all the different mixer's the driver adds, and hopefully one will work for you! Good luck!

Back