Windows 7 Windows 7 7127 to leak soon

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
According to SoLoR, who is usually correct about these things, build 7127 will be leaking tonight or tomorrow in bot x86 and x64. Apparently it is available right now on Connect for Partners.

PCBeta has screens, but apparently the leak will be coming from Russia.

screen302.jpg

Looks promising but I think I will wait for the retail version to be released now. I was installing the frequent beta builds and doing a clean install on my Hard Drive. I think the release candidate is extremely stable and functional as my primary OS. I'd be curious to see what changes this brings or if the rumors about Microsoft changing the GUI come true (doubtful). Be good to read some reviews on these builds but I'm happy and content with RC1 :)

Honestly, I think if there is going to be a new UI, it won't be all that much different than what we have now, and it probably wouldn't be implemented until very near RTM.

As much as I'd like to say I won't download and install this build, I know I will. :razz:

This build is from the RTM branch so if there are any UI changes they will most likely start to appear in these leaks.. ;) However, I still think that is more rumour than truth.. :) Time will tell of course..

I agree that the RC is more than stable enough to run until the Retail version goes live.. ;)

This build is from the RTM branch so if there are any UI changes they will most likely start to appear in these leaks.. ;) However, I still think that is more rumour than truth.. :) Time will tell of course..

I agree that the RC is more than stable enough to run until the Retail version goes live.. ;)

The RC version isn't really stable at all. My internet cuts out every 15-20 minutes, and I can't restart my system.

The RC is stable for the majority. You may have an issue with your internet harware.
7127 is an internal release and will be for correction of minor bugs. One of those bugs, I will admit, could well be yours.
For anyone wh is running a succesful RC, there is little purpose in installing any subsequent builds until the RTM comes out.

The RC version isn't really stable at all. My internet cuts out every 15-20 minutes, and I can't restart my system.

So that automatically means that the RC isn't stable? ;) Sorry but there's a reason for that happening, and it is NOT an unstable Win 7 RC... I'm sure if you do some digging you'll probably find what it is and hopefully you can fix it.. :)

The RC is stable for the majority. You may have an issue with your internet harware.
7127 is an internal release and will be for correction of minor bugs. One of those bugs, I will admit, could well be yours.
For anyone wh is running a succesful RC, there is little purpose in installing any subsequent builds until the RTM comes out.

Very well said dave! :)

Last edited:
I had a look over at the "Windows 7 leak" forum and from what Ive read there is a torrent for 7127 now. Should be up shortly

I entirely agree. I, for one, have had no trouble running the RC till date and am very pleased with it. I was nervous at first since I did not do a dual boot with Vista.

Speaking of the RTM, there is no exact date yet on it yet, or is there?

While we are discussing the RTM, does anyone know of the possible pricing MSFT will incorporate on the Windows 7 Series? (Obviously Ultimate being the most expensive).

There haven't been any official pricing schemes announced yet but I imagine Win 7 will follow Windows Vista's pricing scheme... ;)

I have the x86 on my comp. I am getting it out to some initial seeders, and then it will be live. 4-5 hours tops.

:D

x64 is being uploaded right now, and should be available later tonight or in the morning.

There is a well publicised leak on the web, from a german source who have been known to be reasonably accurate with their "undercover" leaks. Take it for what it is worth, but it could be speculation:

Windows 7 Starter will not be available at retail and can be pre-installed by OEMs on netbooks. Windows 7 Home Basic will only be available in emerging markets. Windows 7 Enterprise will only be sold in volume licenses. And Windows 7 Ultimate will be offered as an upgrade to those who want the features of Windows 7 Professional along with the security features and IT tools that come with Enterprise.
Edition / SKUPricing
Windows 7 Starter$199.95
Windows 7 Home BasicN/AWindows 7 Home Premium$259.95
Windows 7 Professional$299.95
Windows 7 EnterpriseN/AWindows 7 Ultimate$319.95

Last edited by a moderator:
Both x86 and x64 torrents are up. You know where to find them. If not I can pm you links.

Last edited:
Back