Windows 7 Windows 7 7127 to leak soon

There is a well publicised leak on the web, from a german source who have been known to be reasonably accurate with their "undercover" leaks. Take it for what it is worth, but it could be speculation:

Windows 7 Starter will not be available at retail and can be pre-installed by OEMs on netbooks. Windows 7 Home Basic will only be available in emerging markets. Windows 7 Enterprise will only be sold in volume licenses. And Windows 7 Ultimate will be offered as an upgrade to those who want the features of Windows 7 Professional along with the security features and IT tools that come with Enterprise.
Edition / SKUPricing
Windows 7 Starter$199.95
Windows 7 Home BasicN/AWindows 7 Home Premium$259.95
Windows 7 Professional$299.95
Windows 7 EnterpriseN/AWindows 7 Ultimate$319.95

Let's hope OEM, "Street", and Upgrade prices are more reasonable.

("Street" prices are those often quite large discounted (Legal) versions you can get from retailers who will sell to you a lot more cheaply than the manufacturers "List Price").

Otherwise THIS edition will be widespread. Sad but an inevitable fact of life - especially since you can get an entire computer now with an OS installed for around 500 USD.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
I'm planning to use build 7100 til the RTM comes out unless one of the new versions has the Classic Start Menu in it. In that case I might get it. I like the RC1 enough to give up my beloved XP x64.

I had a look over at the "Windows 7 leak" forum and from what Ive read there is a torrent for 7127 now. Should be up shortly

I will download it just because it is available . Well in the near future :)
Have no issues at all with windows 7100 . Curious to see what if any the new build has to offer . Purely on that basis I am going to get it . :D

The thing to keep in mind regarding the RTM leaks is that they will offer very little (IF ANY) changes or differences from the RC build as the purpose of the RTM is to simply "smooth out the rough edges of the RC" so to speak.. ;) It is still interesting to install it and test it, I admit that, but aside from that there's not alot different about it.. :)

The thing to keep in mind regarding the RTM leaks is that they will offer very little (IF ANY) changes or differences from the RC build as the purpose of the RTM is to simply "smooth out the rough edges of the RC" so to speak.. ;) It is still interesting to install it and test it, I admit that, but aside from that there's not alot different about it.. :)

As always a great post Radenight :) Just cannot let the chance however small the change pass me by

I have installed 7127 and I can tell you there is nothing new that I can see, save a new watermark (Evaluation copy Build 7127.winmain.090507-1820)

I put it on another drive as I plan to keep the RC going for my main OS and I cbf doing another fresh install. Seems nice and snappy though.

I still haven't had time to upgrade my laptop from 7057 to 7100. I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it to do this build.....

I have installed 7127 and I can tell you there is nothing new that I can see, save a new watermark (Evaluation copy Build 7127.winmain.090507-1820)

I put it on another drive as I plan to keep the RC going for my main OS and I cbf doing another fresh install. Seems nice and snappy though.

Hey good news . Course watermarks come n go with the tide = erm yeah :rolleyes:

The snappy bit is the interesting part :D

I still haven't had time to upgrade my laptop from 7057 to 7100. I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it to do this build.....

Your trying to decide if it's even worth it to go from an interim build to the RC?? I would say yes it is very worth it.. ;) The RC is much better than build 7057.. It's snappier, more stable, multiple bugs have been fixed, and it's the RC, NOT an interim build.. :) I say go for it! Just remember to do a clean install rather than an upgrade.. ;)

Well, I have to say, after installing x64 this morning, it is much faster and more responsive than the RC was. Hopefully they keep on this track, as it seems that a lot of the interim builds have been faster than the official releases, at least for me. :D

I never tried windows 7 until I heard the RC was out, and after trying that on a second partition I was so pleased with it that I deleted my windows XP partition and kept windows 7.... so far I have not had any problems with windows 7 (Well, that's a lie, there have been a few, but the benefits outweigh the problems) so right now I'm going to stick with the RC and take whatever updates I find on Windows Update. From what I have seen windows 7 is amazing.

Last edited:
Well, I have to say, after installing x64 this morning, it is much faster and more responsive than the RC was. Hopefully they keep on this track, as it seems that a lot of the interim builds have been faster than the official releases, at least for me. :D

Good news just now started to download it . Any improvment in response time etc makes it worth it :D

I've been having stability issues too! Modifying the auto complete settings seemed to fix it, but I can't wait to download 7127. I'll install it as an upgrade and add it to my collection of W7 downloads.

Forgive the question if it's been answered elsewhere, but on a public beta, why wouldn't they just upgrade the base 7100 as the improvements are done, using the update manager?

So that automatically means that the RC isn't stable? ;) Sorry but there's a reason for that happening, and it is NOT an unstable Win 7 RC... I'm sure if you do some digging you'll probably find what it is and hopefully you can fix it.. :)

Very well said dave! :)

Thing is.. I have same internet cut-outs,have to restart pc to get back on.For Us this is" unstable"win 7 behavior.
Also of all the builds Ive used,Im having the most issues with this one.(7100)
Starting to regret going with 7,at this time.Oh well...what part of BETA didnt I understand? doh!

Forgive the question if it's been answered elsewhere, but on a public beta, why wouldn't they just upgrade the base 7100 as the improvements are done, using the update manager?

Good question.......Is 7100 going to get updates on build,or does it just get security updates?

Last edited:
Beta's developed by Linux developers always update the builds through the life of the development to completion. That way the folks who spotted problems, can see if the builds are fixing the problems.

Beta's developed by Linux developers always update the builds through the life of the development to completion. That way the folks who spotted problems, can see if the builds are fixing the problems.

Yes but this is windows 7 :D Me nearly at the sixty bit but fighting against the inevitable conclusion = Me ancient ! Oops !

For sure MS are not linux else we could start to worry . Hey dont worry :D

Back