Windows 7 Windows 7 activation error, can't activate

morteez

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to windows 7, and everything is running smooth and nicer than vista, but i'm been getting this notification that when windows is trying to activate, it can't. I got an activation key and everything form Microsoft for it, but i don't know what the problem is.
For now its not causing any trouble, but i wonder if it will later on or not adn if i can fix it somehow?

errorcode: 0x8007000D
Description, the data is invalid
thanks

If you have Dæmon tools, uninstall and try again. Also try after disabling your anti virus program.

Correct Product Key for Windows 7 Professional Version

I downloaded and installed Windows 7 RC1 as a clean install over Vista. In the course of that install I was asked what version I wanted to install. Since I was doing this at work I chose "Professional". However, the supplied license key was not seen as a Windows 7 Professional key. I have tried getting another key a couple times and I have tried submitting the key with my antivirus turned off without luck. How can I get a "Professional" key?

I am being nagged right and left because my instance has not been activated.

Neil

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to windows 7, and everything is running smooth and nicer than vista, but i'm been getting this notification that when windows is trying to activate, it can't. I got an activation key and everything form Microsoft for it, but i don't know what the problem is.
For now its not causing any trouble, but i wonder if it will later on or not adn if i can fix it somehow?

thanks

Things You Already Did

• After the installation of Windows 7 all drivers (sound, vga, chipset , modem etc) already supported. So you just connect your telephone wire, LAN or connect through wireless connection to activate your PC/Laptop.
  • You already input several times the product keys and it provides the same errors in the process of activation.
  • Your LAN, WAN, Modem are working properly except for activation process. Note : you can activate you license operation system via telephone connection and Internet connection.
  • You reinstalled several times the drivers of your Modem, LAN, WAN believing that you did not properly install the drivers.
  • Lastly, you reformat/re-setup again your Operating System believing again that you did not properly install your OS.
Possible Solutions You Forgot To Do

• Because mostly after the installation of Windows 7 all drivers are supported but to the PC/Laptop not supported and you also installed the drivers (CD/DVD) included after the purchased of the unit. Here’s the things you forgot, “ the drivers bundled is for Windows Vista and also the drivers automatically installed after the installation of Windows 7 is only generic drivers”. But don’t worry those drivers are still works and all you have do is uninstall the drivers of Chipset and VGA driver. Then, begin to activate again and it surely solve your problem.
  • If you don’t want to encounter that problem again, all you have to do is download the correct drivers direct to drivers and support to the brand of your PC/Laptop or motherboard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930378/

Hi,

thanks

You receive an error message when you try to use Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) to upgrade Windows Vista: "Unable to open the license"

This problem may also occur if either of the following conditions is true:
  • An error occurs during the download process.
  • The Automatic Update Manager (AUM) does not correctly format the XML for the Digital License Package (DLP) before the download process is started.
This problem occurs because Windows Internet Explorer 7 recognizes the MIME type of the digital license and determines that the link must be opened by using the Software Licensing Commerce Client (SLCC).

To work around this problem, click the link that is included in the purchase confirmation e-mail to download the upgrade again.

Note If this problem persists, contact WAU support to obtain a new DLP.

You receive an error message when you try to use Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) to upgrade Windows Vista: "Unable to open the license"

Windows 7 Wont activate

I too have purchased Windows 7 and want to activate it, and for a while it WAS active on both the computers I installed it on (they are both MY computers), then suddenly one day I get a message on the second computer stating that I may be a victim of software piracy and to re-activate windows again. I tried and it failes. What gives? I paid $142 for the cd's I have and can only use 1 because one is a 64bit cd but both comps are 32 bit, yet i'm not allowed to install it on but one computer??? Quite frankly I am getting sick of Microsoft charging us out the wazzoo for software that gets replaced the next %*^ year thus making the previous version obsolete because you wont support the old version then expecting us to buy yet another %*^*&^ license just because we own more than one computer that we want to install it on. Yes I understand that Microsoft wants to make money just like the rest of us, but when I pay that much %*^* money for a Windows CD I better %*^& well have the right to install it on any and I mean ANY system I own that is windows based.

Yes I also understand you dont want use giving it to others but we should be able to install it on our own systems as many times as we need to! What am I supposed to do now? go back to Windows Vista which barely ran right on one but use Win 7 on the other??? WELL I CAN'T, because they wont network right genious. Getting tired of this crap.:mad:

I can understand your frustration. But look at it from Microsoft's, or any other organisations, point of view. For charity, you can install several "Free" editions of Linux,. Unfortunately, Microsoft's intention is to make money for the shareholders.

They have no way of detecting, if, as you say, you were given th freedom to install on your "own" computers, if they were indeed yours, or passed on to other users - hence the safeguard. Should they allow that freedon of choice, there would only be A need for a few downloads to be available on the web, and only idiots would then still be purchasing the product. Windows 8, or whatever, would never happen, and Microsoft, in a very short space of time, would be scratching around selling computer utilities.

Fwiw. Your two DVD's gave you the rights to the indefinite lease of the OS, not its outright purchase. Apart from the physical costs of producing the DVDs, all you purchased was the single key, to be used on the OS of your choice.

I understand that too but I am tired of having to buy a new operating system every time Microsoft decides to make more money by releasing a new feature or 2 when all they have to do is come out with a &*%$^ update that can be downloaded and save us all a headache like this. I did'nt lease or rent anything. I PURCHASED a Windows 7 cd that came with a CD key and I should have every right to install it as needed.:mad:

I understand that too but I am tired of having to buy a new operating system every time Microsoft decides to make more money by releasing a new feature or 2 when all they have to do is come out with a &*%$^ update that can be downloaded and save us all a headache like this. I did'nt lease or rent anything. I PURCHASED a Windows 7 cd that came with a CD key and I should have every right to install it as needed.:mad:

AS you realise, you are not obliged to keep buying a new operating system. Windpws Vista/7, was innovative and offered several improvements and additional facilities. Perhaps, at that stage, it was worth considering whether to move on.
The Windows license agreement for all previous versions of Windows has always been the same as far as one (1) copy per computer. You are invited, on installation, to read the Eula. If you missed it, you can type Winver in the search/run and then select Microsoft software licence and read it. No. You purchased a Vynil DVD, with the software on it. The key gave you the rights to use it, in accordance with the EULA. Pretty much the same as any other lease agrement.
I am certain, in view of the age of Microsoft Euals, that you where well aware of this.

I recently HAD TO purchase a Windows 7 Upgrade because when a company fixed my computer they installed a trial version of Vista that was locked out. So, after spending alot of money on the upgrade, alot of time on trying to get the program installed, and alot of frustration with customer service, I finally got it all installed and activated. Lo and behold Windows 7 would not communicate with my husbands laptop on our home network because his laptop did not have Windows 7. I, thinking I should have at least 3 downloads of the program, installed Windows 7 on his laptop. Nothing illegal, nothing excessive, but now I am receiving the error message 0xC004c008, telling me that my previously activated computer now has to be activated with a new code because my activation code (installed 3 weeks ago) is not valid. What a tremendous bunch of bull #*$@! People do NOT have a choice in whether or not to upgrade. As the previous person said, all other versions of Windows are made obsolete every time Microsoft makes a new version. What happened to companies working toward customer loyalty, satisfaction, and overall good service? Well, obviously, it's been thrown out the window in lieu of the almighty dollar. They're losing the respect of many a consumer.

Hi Miss.

Sounds to me like the company that "fixed" your pc didn't really do anything like that at all. I'd ask for a refund if it were me.

Windows 7 computers can communicate with any OS, even Linux or Macs. Only Windows 7 has Homegroup functionality, which is supposed to make it easier to share. If you want to share amongst older operating systems, you can still do so in the classic method that has always existed from the Windows 95 days and earlier.

Nothing is obsolete. XP SP3 is still supported and will continue to be by MS for a long time. Same with all versions of Vista.

As for your product activation problems; it's unfortunate and I wish you didn't have to go through that. There is a reason though why the activation code is not valid. If you speak with an official MS representative, I'm sure they will tell you exactly why and what can be done about it. It is very likely to be because you installed the single purchased copy of Windows 7 on more than one computer that it was intended for. You were simply trying to cheat them, knowingly or innocently without knowledge.

Once that is all figured out, we will be glad to help with any further issues you may have. There are lots of highly knowledgeable members here that would gladly do so.

Good luck with the activation and hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited:
This is exactly the BS that i was complaining about.

We the average citizen do not have $140+ to spend on a new license every ^**(& time we install the program to a computer THAT WE ALREADY OWN just because the program doesnt want to validate!

As I said before, I don't care how many &*$% computers I own, I should be able to install windows on EVERY computer I own WHENEVER I WANT. I BOUGHT IT FOR $140!!!!

I am sick and tired of getting treated like dog crap every time this happens!

Unfortunately for us, there isn't another provider of a windows type program that even comes close to any current version of windows OR YOu CAN BE SURE I'D BUY IT!
So Microsoft has us over a barrel and they know it!

Maybe we should all contact congress and try putting a stop to this

also if Win 7 can communicate with any other computer then I dont see why this computer wont see my laptop running vista.

Charles Nicholls

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles, MS is a business the same as any other business.

The EULA clearly states the conditions necessary to successfully use Windows without issues. No, you shouldn't have the right to install "windows on EVERY computer I own WHENEVER I WANT."

You paid $140? Believe me when I tell you I'm not rich by any means. That $140 is a bargain to make your single computer run well at all times.

If you're not satisfied with that, there are other decent alternatives such as many variants of Linux.

Can you imagine the time, effort, testing and knowledge that went into Windows 7 by some of the most brilliant software engineers the world has to offer?

Like I said, $140 is a bargain imho.

[langtitle=af]Re: Windows 7 activation error, can't activate[/langtitle]

[lang=af]use this... works like a charm...
Link Removed due to 404 Error[/lang]

Back