Windows 7 Windows 7 activation - more than once

Neddey

Hi Gurus,
A newbie question.

I bought a full, new version of Win7 Ultimate, thinking to upgrade my VAIO from Vista Business. Install went fine but the graphics did not work properly at all. Check with Sony revealed that my PC (2007 Z Series) did not support Win7 (duh!). I uninstalled Win7 straight away and re-installed Vista. I have since decided to buy a new PC with Win7 Pro, 64 bit and want to on-sell the Win7 Ultimate, but don't know if the activation code will work again. Pls advise.
thanks and regards
Neddey

Hi Gurus,
A newbie question.

I bought a full, new version of Win7 Ultimate, thinking to upgrade my VAIO from Vista Business. Install went fine but the graphics did not work properly at all. Check with Sony revealed that my PC (2007 Z Series) did not support Win7 (duh!). I uninstalled Win7 straight away and re-installed Vista. I have since decided to buy a new PC with Win7 Pro, 64 bit and want to on-sell the Win7 Ultimate, but don't know if the activation code will work again. Pls advise.
thanks and regards
Neddey

If it is full retail (instead of OEM) it should. The final answer can only come from MS. I have re-activated my win 7 ultimate 3 times without even having to call them

Thanks for that, how would I get an answer from MS? You mentioned calling them, if I have a problem who or which part of MS would I actually have to call?
thanks again

If it is full retail (instead of OEM) it should. The final answer can only come from MS. I have re-activated my win 7 ultimate 3 times without even having to call them

Back