Windows 7 Windows 7 and Intel 2915 ABG

orlbuckeye

Extraordinary Member
I've installed build 6801 on a laptop 3 years old that uses the Intel Wireless 2915 ABG. During the installation I was propmpted which wireless network I wanted to sign on to. I tired to install build 6956 first as an upgrade and it failed so I did a clean install and it didn't recognise that the Intel card even existed. I was able to connnect to the internet using a wired connnections. I went back to 6801 and it found the Intel card again. Yesterday I started an install to Build 7000 and i got prompted that I would have to get the go to the vendor to get the drivers for my Intel wireless card. I had the same issue when using the different builds of Vista as my ATI drivers worked on some of the old builds and not on some newer builds.

Last edited:
Sounds like another driver issue. Just be patient until the company provides a driver that is supported for Windows 7 and then install that.

But with 6956 it didn't even find a wireless card but in 6801 it found and configured my wireless connection during setup.

But with 6956 it didn't even find a wireless card but in 6801 it found and configured my wireless connection during setup.
Once again 6801 was more like VISTA than 6956 was and it may be something Microsoft changed that the driver does not like. So once again be patient until a driver arrives and see if that fixes the problem which it should.

Well I went ahead and installed build 7000

During the setup it found my ATI Mobility Radeon x700 up to the max resolution. It didn't find the drivers for my sound card so I installed. And like the setup said it may not fins my Intel 2915 A/B/G wireless card. I will see if it finds the drivers while doing a Window update. I also have a netgear USB wireless card that was recognised by 7 but no drivers were installed. I downloaded the Netgear Vista drivers and installed with no luck.

I got the drivers for my Linksys USB adapter to install and now I can get on the internet wirelessly.

I just installed Win7 on my Dell with the Intel 2915ABG. To get it to work, go to Intel and download the latest Vista drivers for the 2915ABG(the XP drivers will also be included). Extract the folder in the zip (FV 12.2.0.0_Gen_SW_155293) to a temp folder. Go the Device Manager, right click the network device and choose Update Driver Software. Then choose Browse my computer for driver software. In the search location, enter the path to the folder you extracted from the Intel zip (i.e. C:\tmp\FV 12.2.0.0_Gen_SW_155293\). Be sure to check the Include subfolders checkbox. Click Next and it will find the driver you need. Enjoy!

I just installed Win7 on my Dell with the Intel 2915ABG. To get it to work, go to Intel and download the latest Vista drivers for the 2915ABG(the XP drivers will also be included). Extract the folder in the zip (FV 12.2.0.0_Gen_SW_155293) to a temp folder. Go the Device Manager, right click the network device and choose Update Driver Software. Then choose Browse my computer for driver software. In the search location, enter the path to the folder you extracted from the Intel zip (i.e. C:\tmp\FV 12.2.0.0_Gen_SW_155293\). Be sure to check the Include subfolders checkbox. Click Next and it will find the driver you need. Enjoy!

thanks that worked my for 2915!

I tried it for my Intel and it worked. I got a good deal on the Linksys Draft N PC card so I really didn't need it.

Thank you very much. This solved my problem.

Back
Top Bottom