Windows 7 Windows 7 and memory issues

cor-master

I have another issue. Before I got windows 7, I was this current setup:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
4 x 1GB Kingston Value ram DDR2800 running in dual channel (While the model number is the same, 2 sticks are low profile the other are normal height)
Biostar TA690G-AM2 motherboard
ATI-Radeon HD4830 video card

This setup has worked fine with WIndows XP Pro 32-bit, XP Pro x64, and Vista 32-bit. I haven't tried Vista x64. However 7 doesn't like it. It seems whenever I put all 4 sticks of memory in all 4 slots, Windows bluescreens on startup. Windows will not start with all 4 sticks in. However if I just use 2 sticks in dual channel, or 3 sticks in single channel it works fine.

My theory is its not liking the 2 pairs of sticks being different and dual-channel being enabled. But it worked fine with 3 other versions of windows... why doesn't Windows 7 like it? Oh and btw before anyone asks theres no option in BIOS to turn off dual channel, the only way to turn it off is to put an uneven number of sticks in and break it manually.

Oh and btw I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. If anyone can offer me some advice that doesn't involve buying new memory I'd apprecieate it, as DDR2 just skyrocketed recently. My 2 pairs only cost my $40 alltogether a year ago, now I'm looking at a minimum of $70 to get 4GB again!

Back