Windows 7 Windows 7 and MSN mail

JFT

I have recently installed Windows 7. When I access MSN mail I cannot write or reply to e-mails, although I can do everything else. I can do EVERYTHING in IE however. What have I done wrong or missed?

Did you set up your account, login name password and pop3 and smtp information? Does your email provider require authentication to upload email?

If you do an upgrade from Vista this info is automatically obtained from Outlook Express.

Did you set up your account, login name password and pop3 and smtp information? Does your email provider require authentication to upload email?

If you do an upgrade from Vista this info is automatically obtained from Outlook Express.
Thank you for your response. I may have not made myself clear. I don't use Outlook mail. My mai is in MSN Explorer. I had always assumed it was hotmail but may be wrong.

Thank you for your response. I may have not made myself clear. I don't use Outlook mail. My mai is in MSN Explorer. I had always assumed it was hotmail but may be wrong.

Outlook won't run on 7.. it uses live mail, a separate download.... or something else. Sorry I'm not familiar with MSN but if you are running Win 7 you probably need to check to see if your account is setup.

Back