Windows 7 Windows 7 as Main OS, Drawbacks?

mknapper1

I am not a big power user and i do not use my windows machine for anything other than browsing the web, managing my blogs, listening to music, and using office... i have been using windows 7 for the past weeks and absolutely love it. I was wondering how many of you are only using windows 7 right now and i am wondering what some of the drawbacks of only running windows 7...i am thinking about getting rid of vista and solely running windows 7 build 7000... anyone have any reasons for me not to do so?

I am not a big power user and i do not use my windows machine for anything other than browsing the web, managing my blogs, listening to music, and using office... i have been using windows 7 for the past weeks and absolutely love it. I was wondering how many of you are only using windows 7 right now and i am wondering what some of the drawbacks of only running windows 7...i am thinking about getting rid of vista and solely running windows 7 build 7000... anyone have any reasons for me not to do so?

I am running Windows 7 Beta and Vista in a dual boot configuration right now on a hard drive that I purchased for this purpose only. Remember that Windows 7 is in Beta form right now. Don't risk losing all of your important files by installing Wndows 7 on your primary hard drive.

since winxp I have always partioned my drive with my documents in one partition and my OS on another partition, I have messed up quite a few OS installs over the years but never lost my documents partition ;)

everytime I install a new OS all I need to do is point the My docs , My pics, My music links onto the D: drive partition and Im back in bizness :)

I am currently running WIN7 as my main OS on my fourth partition with Vista 64 as my backup OS on my first partition with boot record , then My documents and other personal data on my second partition and my third partition has all my ISO's to reinstall my main use programs.

It all feels quite safe unless my hard drive fails :p

i am thinking about getting rid of vista and solely running windows 7 build 7000... anyone have any reasons for me not to do so?

The beta will expire in august so you'll just have to go back to an older OS when that happens.. that is unless they extend the beta period.

I've been using Windows 7 as my only OS for 10 days, only problems were with antivirus and firewall software, which are now solved. All my personal files are in another partition and I have a Vista image ready in case the worst happens.

Great OS, faster and better to use than Vista.

I'm using Windows 7 in my primary Hard Disk and as main OS
No problems, all is right mama! (8) :rolleyes:
Before I used XP, for a while I tested Vista and inmediatly I return to XP.
But now that i'm using seven, i don't want to come back jeje
:D

Same as :

Exactly the same as you ( mknapper), I've similarly been using windows7 as the main O/S and have not had any problems and will carry on using it..........Like you,I love it and am very impressed. I find thats it's just an upgrade to Vista,no more no less but well worth the move up from vista (which I also like) as it does feel very stable and slightly faster in certain areas......very responsive.

I've got a HP Pavilion dv6-1140ea. It's brand new, Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit is already preinstalled with it. I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. I've faced no problems with Windows 7. Windows 7 is so much faster, reliable and also simpler. It is so much better than Vista. Vista was a bit slower, not as reliable and rubbish. Even Windows 7 is much better than Windows XP !

I am not a big power user and i do not use my windows machine for anything other than browsing the web, managing my blogs, listening to music, and using office... i have been using windows 7 for the past weeks and absolutely love it
Honestly, it doesn't seem mandatory to use Windows if you're going to use those programs. I would recommend Linux for doing just those myself. Heck, I'd switch if I just only use those. I'm a Windows user myself.

Fwiw. The last two posters. You have just posted to e thread which is over two years old!

This post surprised me until I read the date!
I was just wondering if the poster had heard of Widows 8? LOL

Back