Windows 7 Windows 7 Backup Problems

Fester

I keep getting the following error when trying to create an image or backup on windows 7 - This Service Cannot Be Started in Safe Mode Error 0x8007043c

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Regards

I keep getting the following error when trying to create an image or backup on windows 7 - This Service Cannot Be Started in Safe Mode Error 0x8007043c

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Regards

I'll ask the obvious but you're not trying to create an image in safe mode, right?? You are getting the "safe mode" error in a normal Win7 boot??

You shouldn't be backing up in safe mode if that is what you are trying to do. If you are in normal mode, I'd run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt and see if there is a corrupt system file that is causing this.

Hiya

No I am in windows in normal mode and not safe mode. I have run this command as suggested and got the following result - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I have tried a normal backup and got the same result? I have also tried backing up to an external hard drive as well as a network drive but get the same error.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Hiya

No I am in windows in normal mode and not safe mode. I have run this command as suggested and got the following result - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I have tried a normal backup and got the same result? I have also tried backing up to an external hard drive as well as a network drive but get the same error.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I know this may sound simple but try the following steps:

1. Click on Start.

2. Type msconfig in the Search box and press Enter.

3. Make sure Normal Startup is selected on the General tab.

4. Click on the services tab and make sure there is a tick in the box next to Windows Backup and it shows Running as the Status.

5. Make any changes if needed, click Apply and OK.

6. Restart the computer and try to complete the backup.

Hiya

Still no joy I'm afrain. have done all of this and I'm still getting the same error?

Have also switched on the volume shadow copy service but it still fails.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Hi, there are a lot of programs that work on a PC by CIRCUMVENTING the access-PC-resources-through-windows paradigm.

In this category are viruses, partition/boot managing programs and security programs. They can lead to baffling errors.

I have several times fallen victim to forgetting about things like fingerprint scanner software (which can have an effect even if you have not set it to require a fingerprint swipe), and another one that might escape your mind is some kind of backup/restore utility supplied by the PC maker to return it to factory fresh condition.

Does any of this ring a bell?

Have you tried booting off a Windows 7 Install disk, and selecting Repair off the second screen and trying "startup repair"?

Often does the trick for gremlins inserted by these kinds of programs..

[Also another cause of problems is some cheesey anti-virus supplied on a trial basis with your PC which you may have chucked and replaced with something more industrial like Norton or Windows Security Essentials. Even if you uninstall the cheesey cruddy trial antivirus, often they do not remove correctly, even with their own removal utility.)

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for the advice, I do happen to have the fingerprint scanner software installed so I will give that a go.

Kind regards

Back