Windows 7 Windows 7 basic?!?

Deathaze

Hey guys, after getting through that CD boot issue on my buddy's PC as we first boot windows 7 and everyones happy...its in basic mode :S Now at least I got 7 on his PC but windows seven basic is just ugly.

I don't know what the problem could be, after all his vista is running aero perfectly fine so whyy? I checked under personalization>themes but even if I click the default aero theme (the fish) it's still in basic mode.

Incase you don't quite understand the windows and superbar are opaque (non-transparent), various aero effects do not work + more.

His pc is a Toshiba Satellite AP210 i believe and I stress that his vista runs in aero fine (dual boot).

Hello,

Go to Start Search and type in fix problems. Select Fix problems with transparency and visual effects,

This will bring up the Aero dialog box to test the computer (mainly graphics card) to see if it supports Aero.

thanks alot reghakr I'll try this out, never knew there was such a thing as fix problems but hey I guess you learn something new everyday.

Now to pre-order my copy...:razz:

No problem,

It's located in Control Panel also, but I can never remember where it's located.:redface:

Anyway, doing the search brings up some other usefull tips.

Back