Windows 7 Windows 7 Beta

Not sure about upgrading.

Are you going to upgrade to windows 7 beta 1 next year? I am!

I am going to install the beta once it is released but not sure about upgrade. I may try the upgrade to test it but then do a clean install.

I will definitely be moving up to the beta, but I'm sure I will be doing a clean install. I upgraded from Vista SP2 beta to 7 6801 on this comp, and the performance was horrible. Once I wiped out and clean installed, it was much better.

I too will be clean installing the beta once it's released. Here's hoping for a december 08 release! :)

Windows 7 Beta has not let me down yet although i guess build 6956 isnt the beta but its said to be very close.

I imagine the beta will still be a fair bit off, as far as features/ GUI from 6956.

I think the GUI is all but complete in my understanding. I dont see anything that could possibly be improved on. They could remove a couple of icons from the control panel to make it less confusing for me but otherewise i think this is a very stable operating system.

Only if someone gives it to me as a gift - I,m on a low budget.
I have no strict moral views on the issue, but I will only use a legal OS.

I will be attending the conference in chicago, illinois on January 13th so I will be receiving a copy of the beta then. Hopefully they will not ruin it by then but who knows. I will let everyone know how that goes.

I am currently running windows 7 build 6956 and I haven't got the watermark showing build information! As you can see on the windows 7 website, there is some information about whats coming up in the windows 7 beta 1. I will probably download it.

I am currently running windows 7 build 6956 and I haven't got the watermark showing build information! As you can see on the windows 7 website, there is some information about whats coming up in the windows 7 beta 1. I will probably download it.

I think it's safe to say we will all be downloading it one way or another ;)

Well, I will be upgrading to beta 1 as soon as it is available. As mentioned in another post, MS put up a Windows 7 page today with a "Download Windows 7 Beta" link...so it may be coming sooner than we thought. :razz:

Well, I will be upgrading to beta 1 as soon as it is available. As mentioned in another post, MS put up a Windows 7 page today with a "Download Windows 7 Beta" link...so it may be coming sooner than we thought. :razz:
Hopefully, yeah. Would make a great Christmas Present, especially as I have been hit by the credit crunch :frown:.

The "Download Windows 7 Beta" link has been removed :(. I am hoping it becomes available by the end of the year, but I can wait till next month.

Love old Microsoft. They did it again. It was apparently a publishing error. Admin or Tech, they do dive deep!

Back
Top Bottom