Windows 7 Windows 7 Build 6956 Leaked

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Build 6956 leaked on the internet late friday. It includes the new boot screen, aero peek and the show desktop feature. learn more info by going to Link Removed - Not Found

I have it

Yes it is more stable the only thing if your worried is that there are no activation keys for it at the moment. Otherwise I have had few problems with it. It includes the new aero peek feature and the show desktop feature as well as a couple other added features.

Yes it is more stable the only thing if your worried is that there are no activation keys for it at the moment. Otherwise I have had few problems with it. It includes the new aero peek feature and the show desktop feature as well as a couple other added features.

Awesome! Glad to hear they didn't ruin it already... ;) Let's hope this trend continues through to the final release.

I know Vista Beta keys work to activate build 6801... this no longer works for build 6956??

NO

No it does not i tried i believe 34 keys, 4 were vista beta keys and none of them worked. This has been said to be either the beta build or a very close version to it. Of course as soon as the beta build comes out there should be keys online to activate it.

My only real problem is, is it enough to upgrade 6801 to 6956 or should I make a clean install?

Why not do a clean install? For all the time it takes to do one unless your comp is older then dirt... Plus with a clean install you get maximum performance from the start. ;)

agreed

i completely agree. Always do a clean install with beta or below operating systems. They may respond or upgrade weirdly if you dont.

Re

When I installed the version from the link on that page I got build 6956. On some versions it does say version 6801 in the lower left had corner and if you read the article where the link is they will explain it further to you. But I do confirm that it is build 6956 and not build 6801.

Good to know, it was the watermark that threw me off. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Now hopefully my gf didn't take out the garbage so I can retrieve the disc! lol

Re

IT is because they used the boot partition from the 6801 build that it does that.

yea, 6956 is pretty better then 6801
the "show desktop" button works, the "aero peak" works w/o any mods of anykind
the added backgrounds are awesome! they are simply spectacular
the worst possible part is that there arnt any keys out yet...=[ but the "rearm" works (so far)

yea, 6956 is pretty better then 6801
the "show desktop" button works, the "aero peak" works w/o any mods of anykind
the added backgrounds are awesome! they are simply spectacular
the worst possible part is that there arnt any keys out yet...=[ but the "rearm" works (so far)

Eh, 6801 had all the features enables with a very simple hack, and also was able to be activated.
6956 was a daily build, and therefore had no activation. Same with 6936.
Also, that's why it didn't get any Windows Updates for those IE Zero Day hacks.

Back