Windows 7 Windows 7 - Can't create New Folder

tomdice

I am unable to create a new folder in Windows Explorer. So far, I have been clearing out old folder and renaming them, but I am near a point where I must create a new folder. The New Folder option just does not work. I have already tried a Repair Installation to no avail. No changes. I would prefer NOT to do a clean installation and I am open to any suggestions. Thanks. Tom

I am unable to create a new folder in Windows Explorer. So far, I have been clearing out old folder and renaming them, but I am near a point where I must create a new folder. The New Folder option just does not work. I have already tried a Repair Installation to no avail. No changes. I would prefer NOT to do a clean installation and I am open to any suggestions. Thanks. Tom

I am not certain what do you mean " Folder option does not work "
Please elaborate and clarify......
If you right click at any Windows Explorer > do you see NEW ?
If yes, if you click New > do you see Folder ?
If yes, if you click Folder, what happens ?

Launching Windows Explorer, then clicking on C: all of the folders on C are displayed. Along the top banner, it showing "Organize - Open - Include in library - Share with - Burn - New Folder. Clicking (right or left) on New Folder does not product anything.
Expanding the left column of Windows Explorer to show C:, then right-clicking on C: produces several options that includes "New." Clicking on New shows "Briefcase" - nothing else. Thanks for your continued help.

Back
Top Bottom