Windows 7 Windows 7 can't find or install internet drivers

earrhbuilder

I recently changed back to windows 7, but after a perfectly completed installation, it told me, that it didn't have any internet. I tried to solve it via the problemsolver, but it couldn't find any solution. So i tried plugging my internet cable in (the first problem was with the wifi.) yet once again it couldn't find any connections. So i looked through the device manager, whwæere it as i guessed said, that I didn't have any driver installed for either of the two. I then tried downloading the drivers via another pc and then move it via USB. But that didn't work either. What do I do next?

Just to sum up, there are no drivers and the once given out by HP wont install. (it gives the "this was not installed correctly" error).

I have HP compaq cq58.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using WindowsForum mobile app

I tried on hps website, and they did not work. It came with windows 8 and I then installed ubuntu over.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using WindowsForum mobile app

okay, so I have the Compaq CQ58-200. The problem has so far been, that it isn't sold in the U.S and I therefore had to change to the Danish site (where the pc was bought) to get it working. But the drivers are only for windows 8. Can I install those anyway?

It's worth trying Win 8 drivers but I'd be surprised if they work. You'd be best off looking at the hardware manufacturer (Intel?) and downloading their chipset drivers for the network adapters. If you can get online with a usb internet dongle you could also try right clicking on the devices in device manager and searching for driver updates online.

Since your laptop came with Windows 8 out of the box, the drivers listed on HP website are for WIn 8 and 8.1 only. Did you try the "Scan Now" option on HP website to automatically check for missing drivers? Or when you try installing the Win 8 drivers try running it in compatibility mode with Windows 7. And if you have existing drivers that are installed but not working, uninstall them first from Device Manager and then try installing again.

Back