Windows 7 connects then dissconects wireless signal?

Hi just joined and first post.
i have a 64 bit system and windows 7 64 bit edition running. I am having trouble getting my usb d-link dwa 142 to work. i used the install disk that came and got installation does not reconginize the os. But did my research and found drivers that work on a 64 bit system from netgear. { ?same chipset? }
problem is i connect just fine and then like 3 minutes later ill get disconnected and wont be able to connect to any router around. I have to restart my system and then it connects again for 3 minutes.

Is this because of the Drivers i'am using?

Thank you,

Dave

check the event viewer to see if anything changes or gives an error when the connection drops
(right click my computer - manage - event viewer)

Hi just joined and first post.
i have a 64 bit system and windows 7 64 bit edition running. I am having trouble getting my usb d-link dwa 142 to work. i used the install disk that came and got installation does not reconginize the os. But did my research and found drivers that work on a 64 bit system from netgear. { ?same chipset? }
problem is i connect just fine and then like 3 minutes later ill get disconnected and wont be able to connect to any router around. I have to restart my system and then it connects again for 3 minutes.

Is this because of the Drivers i'am using?

Thank you,

Dave
I am having the same issue. It will work fine for hours, then drop. I am going to try and load the manufactures drivers tonight. I will let you know.

Hey did it work for ya

Hey did it work for ya cause i just pasted my exchanged date with tigerdirect so i guess iam stuck with this one. thats okay i didnt have to the money any way to upgrade it. let me no man.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.