Windows 7 Windows 7 disc: upgrade or install?

hj01

hi,
i bought a new laptop in august and i signed up for the free windows 7 upgrade. i just got the disc in the mail today. the little packet is came with says "while a clean installation of windows 7 is available, HP strongly recommends that you use this kit to perform an upgrade and not a new installation." Does this mean that the disc only upgrades and not installs? thanks!

oh so it means it is available on the disc i have? i thought it meant it was available but i would have to get another disc for it. and i have vista right now. .. there is a virus on my comp which is why id rather do a new installation. is it better to upgrade or install?

If you've got two disks, one is fir installing and the other is fir installing all the pre-installed software that came with your commuter.

I find that most upgrade disks sent by the PC manufacturer have two disks so all software can be pre-installed software as It came from the factory

A "clean" install is probably availer, bit you would just get the operating system with out any other pre-installed software, but I don't know for sure

Last edited:
Back