Windows 7 Windows 7 Evaluation copy to update

ThePhantom

Ok guys i had the evaluation copy of windows i bought a code...
so now its telling me to install any copy of windows Ultmate but when i do it just goes back to the evaluation copy :eek:

Help

Are you trying to "upgrade" the evaluation copy of Windows 7?

Please note that you need a valid copy of Windows XP or Windows Vista to validate the upgrade to Windows 7 RTM. You will NOT be able to "upgrade" an eval or RC copy of Windows 7.

Are you trying to "upgrade" the evaluation copy of Windows 7?

Please note that you need a valid copy of Windows XP or Windows Vista to validate the upgrade to Windows 7 RTM. You will NOT be able to "upgrade" an eval or RC copy of Windows 7.

No No, Its that im using Windows 7 Evaluation Copy. Build 7100 and i get a message saying to back up my data and put any version of windows 7 ultmate but when ever i do and everyting goes right its still the evaluation copy

So you are using the 90 Day Windows 7 Eval for IT Pros -- correct? As stated when you download said Eval you will need to perform a CLEAN install to move to a full RTM of Windows 7. The Eval is also the Enterprise version. You also cannot "upgrade" from Enterprise to Ultimate. The Eval has the product key "baked" in therefore it is not recommended nor is it supported to attempt an upgrade to an actual release.

Does this make sense?

So you are using the 90 Day Windows 7 Eval for IT Pros -- correct? As stated when you download said Eval you will need to perform a CLEAN install to move to a full RTM of Windows 7. The Eval is also the Enterprise version. You also cannot "upgrade" from Enterprise to Ultimate. The Eval has the product key "baked" in therefore it is not recommended nor is it supported to attempt an upgrade to an actual release.

Does this make sense?

Not Really Theres 1 thing that don't

1)Enterprise?

Ill post the Actual Message when it pops up Ok?

EDIT: Here the picture WinActivation.JPG
"

Last edited:
Are you doing a clean install of Win 7 Ultimate?

You are not supposed to upgrade from the Beta version, and as I understand it, the beta version is no longer good for doing a clean upgrade install...

I suppose an easier way of getting the necessary information is to ask, how are you installing your purchased version of Win 7 Ultimate?

Ok guys i had the evaluation copy of windows i bought a code...
so now its telling me to install any copy of windows Ultmate but when i do it just goes back to the evaluation copy :eek:

Help

Keep your license code and do not share it with anyone - just a note.

With the code your purchased, didn't you get the download link ?

You are supposed to download Windows 7 iso/img, burn it to disk, boot and install Windows 7 from this disk. During the GUI phase when it asks you to choose the partition, choose where you want to install it and make sure to format that partition. Enter your activation code when it asks you, then conect to the internet and all should be fine.

Not Really Theres 1 thing that don't

1)Enterprise?

Ill post the Actual Message when it pops up Ok?

EDIT: Here the pictureView attachment 6324
"

Could you post a screenshot of your System Properties? Are we sure this is build 7100 RTM? Did you download this direct from Microsoft? That error message appears to be:

A. A leaked version obtained from a Torrent

or

B. A Beta / RC version

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom