Windows 7 Games for Windows 10!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphics and Gaming' started by MikeHawthorne, Aug 6, 2016.

1. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

This is a battle that I've fought for years trying to keep the old Windows games running on the later versions of Windows.

I've use registry hacks etc. to keep them working.

When I updated to Windows 10 Anniversary they all quit working again and my old hacks don't work.
    I was upset because I kind of think of myself as a Freecell master. LOL

I've played at least a few games everyday for decades.
    I won 130 consecutive Freecell games in a streak, and 100 games 3 times (I usually start over at 100).

Well I found the solution, and it works.

This program...

Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10

really works, it installs the old games with the original graphics etc, and they run great.
    Just be sure that you click on the correct download button, it's about half way down the page.

They are trying to sell something but the game installers seems to be clean.

Mike

2. pnamajck

pnamajck Well-Known Member

yep, MikeHawthorne … i ran into that aero-stuff in the past … there was reason i decided not to pursue that avenue … can't remember what the stickler was.

i recognize you maintain the program seems to be malware-free … oh yeah, now i remember … i had memorable experience with "managed installers" in the past … notorious for piggy-backing files. make sure you look for pup's and similar. reason being many of we baby-boomers like the old windows games … and the nefarious crooks out there take advantage of it.

stay cool, MikeHawthorne … and lotsa' luck hitting that 130+ freecell again.

3. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

The first thing I did was to scan it with both Windows Defender and SuperAntiSpyware, and is came up clean.
    Then after I installed it I ran Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware again and it my computer came up clean.

Now I'll save it to a DVD as I did the hack I had that worked before, so I won't have to download it again in the future.

But I was glad to find it, the old game is so much better then the new apps.
    They just don't feel right, I play on my tablet as well, and that one is pretty good but I couldn't fine it for PC, but the old one is still better.

Mike