Windows 7 windows 7 hibernate problem

citrix

Extraordinary Member
I have a problem with hibernate/sleep in windows 7.

when i set pc to hibernate or sleep, the power turn off, but it does not resume. I press any key on keyboard, power does not come back on, then i push power button, power on and display not windows unexpected shutdown screen, choose safe mode or start windows normally, no blue screen or crash dump. I tried all kinds of settings. still same.

how to fix this ?

Hello and Welcome !

Go to Start | Under search type in CMD | Right Click and Run as administrator
Then type the command powercfg -energy it will run for few seconds and generate an output in a HTML format. Attach that file here.

Hope this helps,
Captain

Hello,

First restore the Power Plans to default settings.
Go to Start | Under search type in CMD | Right Click and Run as administrator
Then type the command powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and hit Enter

Disconnect the USB devices like Gaming pad, USB Hub etc. and see if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps,
Captain

I noticed this most likely happened after install windows 7 SP1 RC. but I installed same package on a laptop, no problem. why it cause problem on desktop? what exactly is in the service pack?

I noticed this most likely happened after install windows 7 SP1 RC. but I installed same package on a laptop, no problem. why it cause problem on desktop? what exactly is in the service pack?

If so the uninstall the Service Pack 1 and see if that fixes it. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta and RC - Uninstall - Windows 7 Forums This link has the detail information about the Service Pack 1 Download details: Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (KB976932)

Hope this helps,
Captain

its working after removed SP1. no problem with same pakcage installed on a laptop. I dont know why.

Upon waking up from hibernation it is my external hard drive which has its own power source to check the programming and which are dissapears from my computer. When it is disappears and it mean that literally. After waking the computer up from hibernation it is giving command to the both the external hard drive and the computer both to power up correctly and immediately after windows resumes.

now I installed win 7 SP1 final RTM, still same problem. I have tried bcdedit in Hibernation fails after installation of SP 1

first time, is did complete and display operation complete successful. then I test hibernate, no change. next time I repeat the procedures in bcdedit i get error

An error occurred while attempting to delete the specified data element.
Element not found.

I did search the key in registry, there are more than 1 instances of the same registry key but cannot delete, it says 'unable to delete all specific values'.

I tried reset BIOS settings to setup default, power options.

any solutions?

both files say the update dose not apply to you computer, then I looked at Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5SP1. it says you must use turn windows feature on or off in control panel to install or confiture Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5SP1. under .NET Framework 3.5.1 in control, both items are checked. then I installed .NET Framework 4.0, operations completed successful.

still same. did not fix anything.

I tried diagnostic startup, after start up, I leave system at start screen, before logon in any users, click no hibernate, screen turn off signal, hard drive singnal light turn off, but power did not turn off. at full startup, everything turn off but would not wake up.

what should I do now?

Citrix, I have the same dilemma, but, it doesn't really go to sleep or hibernate. The screen goes dark (and won't rebrighten), but the activity light never goes dark or to blinking sleep mode.

It happens randomly about 15% of the times the laptop goes to sleep or hibernate - sometimes when I put it to sleep and sometimes when it puts itself to sleep as per the power setting.

To isolate the problem, I eliminated the hibernate options and it still wouldn't come out of the dark screen suspended state so I don't think it is a hibernate issue or a sleep issue. The screen goes dark, but in suspended state. It never really goes into hibernate or sleep.

I went to Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc) in the Administrative Tools control panel and looked through the subsections after the time of a recognized event and before the forced restart it and could not find an indicator that reflected some conflict that caused the comatose sleep.

Anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can identify the trigger in a log or activity record?

Last edited:
cyberbiker. this is a desktop not laptop. I have tried reset power options, bcdedit in this site , andLink Removed - Invalid URL. still same. I also looked event view but dont know how to identify the problem.

right now I just uninstalled sp1 and wait for the official version come online. if should come by end of february.

I haven't installed Win7HP64 SP1 yet. Will do it when MS Auto Update does it. It began having the dark screen suspended state problem after one of the routine MS updates a couple months ago. I think it is a conflict with one of the 68+ processes Task Manager indicates are running. As Win7 begins the sleep process, it has a problem with one of the others running and goes into the dark screen suspended state.

Back