Windows 7 Windows 7 Invalid Product Key problem

Is this a pre-built system (HP, Dell, Acer etc) or a self-built system? Did the license come with the system or was it from the internet? What edition of Windows 7 is it?

In the past I had that problem. What I had to do was call Microsoft and explain to them what happened. They did generate a new key for me. After so many clean installs Win 7 will say invalid product key.

Is this a pre-built system (HP, Dell, Acer etc) or a self-built system? Did the license come with the system or was it from the internet? What edition of Windows 7 is it?
it's self built system and the license sticker showing Windows® 7 Pro

Computers supplied pre loaded with Windows 7 hada special license for the OEM software installed To the best of my knowledge, those keys never expired, provided the major components, in particular the motherboard, were not changed. But, as you say this is self built, what does the the licence sticker relate to?

If you run Belarc or another key finder it will show a different key. The key for each manufacturer is known and there are anti piracy mechanisms in place to stop different manufacturer licenses being used on the wrong computer. You could try that key and see if it works

i heared the license need to re-activate after many formats.is it true? and some one saying need to call microsoft.
the key was working fine before 1,2 formats

You can try the automated call option. Type slui 4 in the run dialog box and call the phone activation system

Back
Top Bottom