Windows 7 Windows 7 laptop Sleep issue? x32 7057

Solace

if the laptop lid is closed it enters sleep on no battery when i noticed it would lockup upon resume being a black screen or the "locked" screen with cursor disabled and nothing responding with the power light green as if it resumed normally which only a reboot would resolve. 99% related to the same sleep but some dell users were experiencing and a few had some solutions but i own a different laptop then them being a emachine D620 which im not sure where to disable wake on usb if its even possible and what not. in the mean time i have disabled sleep and will ahve it in hibernation if anyone has any ideas please share. also i could go into sleep and out of sleep its only when its been in a sleep peroid of awhile "i dont know how long" would it freeze upon resume. im guessing its when the laptop goes from sleep to hibernation over a peroid of time maybe? ive heard that it auto hibernates over a peroid of 320 minutes or something in sleep.

Same problem, found solution

I found solution for this problem by switching to hibernate. Even hibernate did not work, and then I fixed it like this:
Annoyances-Resolved: SOLVED: Vista laptop won't resume from sleep/suspend/hibernate, shows blank screen
So hibernate at least now works. You know better than going to Starbucks and finding all your work is lost because you put laptop to sleep. Mind you this was Vista SP2 but I think it might help Win 7 too.

going to hibernation is not the best option... windows 7 standby mode is really good and I'd like to have it working too. I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 and I experience the same issue.

Back