Windows 7 Windows 7 not seeing hard drives or partitions

blizzardwolf

So here's the situation:

I have a 300GB IDE drive partitioned into three parts, and a new Western Digital 1 TB drive I just bought, along with a 500gb, and an 80 gb for my OS. Windows 7 recognized all of the drives, and all three partitions when I installed it, but after the installation was done, I went into My Computer, and one of the partitions for the 300GB was unlisted and inaccessible, and the TB drive was unseen altogether.

The partitions are labeled D, E, and F, with the 500gb being labeled M. When I open up My Computer in 7, the new C drive is there, but the D partition is gone, E has been relabeled 'D', F has been relabeled 'E', and the M drive has been relabeled 'F'. I put my old HD in with XP still on it, and the partition problem was fixed, but the computer still doesn't see that TB drive.

The BIOS detected all of the physical drives (though not the partitions obviously), and I used a completely new, blank HD to install Windows 7 to. I'm using the 64 bit version of Windows 7. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this problem, because I don't want to waste another hour crawling around in the guts of my computer, looking for a needle in a stack of needles.

Back
Top Bottom