Windows 7 windows 7 not waking from sleep

I have yet to find a third party application that works with Windows 7. I am sorry but at the moment you are stuck with the windows sleep mode.

S4 sleep works fine, unlike S1 and S3, ( resumes in 7 sec. and that's just fine ) only problem is that I have to push the power button :(
It would be nice to be able use remote.

For me the sleep mode was working perfectly under Vista 64.

But now some issues with Windows 7 RC 64, seems to be related to my logitech devices (mouse +kb)

Still working on that.

Intel Duo Core E8400 3.0 Ghz
4Gb DD2 1066 mhz
Raid0 Seagate 250Gb
Nvidia 8800GTX

I've just upgraded my HTPC from XP (MCE) to Windows 7, and had the same problem resuming from S3 standby as you guys, so as a last resort I tried the old registry hack that XP needs to get resume working (not really expecting it to still be needed in 7), but what d'ya know, it still works :eek:

Cut and paste the following into a text file, then save as "resume.reg"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usb]
"USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000
"USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000

Double click the saved file (accept any warnings) and the registry will be updated - resume from S3 standby should now work.

You also need to have S3 standby enabled in your bios (as previously mentioned in this thread).

I had the same issue until I customized the sleep mode to NOT turn off USB.

If you go to the Power Options -> USB Settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Disabled

I have a Logitech MX 5000 Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse and even though the system seemed to respond it just wouldn't come back completely. When I hit the keys on the keyboard I got the No Connection on the LCD and decided to look a little deeper and setting the USB to Disable did the trick for me.

I love how it completely shuts down the whole system saving it from wear and tear when not in use. Even my CPU fan shuts off! A tap of a key or movement of the mouse and boom back up and running in a few secs.

I will state that from what I can tell it will pause any processes you have running. I was converting a video which didn't complete before the timer set the system to sleep. When I came back up the process started from where it stopped.

I hope this helps.
Just by doing this now the sleep mode is 100% functionnal.

thanks !

Hmmmm I was wrong !

Sometimes the sleep mode is not working when VM Ware and windows live mail are still running before sleeping....

I'll do more tests and let you know.

windows 7 still will not stay asleep

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and others and suspend will still not work. I have an i7 system.
Please help.
Theresa

that is not an option for me

I can't leave it on all the time. I finally solved the problem. It was my cordless Logitech mouse and keyboard. I switched to corded ones and now it sleeps and wakes when I move the mouse or press a key.
Thank you for the help.
Theresa

I had the same issue until I customized the sleep mode to NOT turn off USB.

If you go to the Power Options -> USB Settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Disabled

I have a Logitech MX 5000 Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse and even though the system seemed to respond it just wouldn't come back completely. When I hit the keys on the keyboard I got the No Connection on the LCD and decided to look a little deeper and setting the USB to Disable did the trick for me.

I love how it completely shuts down the whole system saving it from wear and tear when not in use. Even my CPU fan shuts off! A tap of a key or movement of the mouse and boom back up and running in a few secs.

I will state that from what I can tell it will pause any processes you have running. I was converting a video which didn't complete before the timer set the system to sleep. When I came back up the process started from where it stopped.

I hope this helps.

Just joined to let you know that this solution worked for me and now sleep mode works for me instead of just giving me a black screen on resume. Thanks So much!

Now the only problem I have with windows 7 is that it only shuts down like 1/5th the time, it usually just hangs at the shutdown screen. I'll be poking around these forums to see if I can find a solution, and if anyone would like to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

I got it working

It was my logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I switched to corded ones and now it seems to work. None of the suggestions here helped. The "sleep" function seems to be a problem for Windows 7. It worked for me on xp and xp 64.

Theresa

Monitor will not wake up

I cannot seem to get my monitor to wake up when win 7 turns off the display after 10mins. Also if I use my KVM switch to use my other computer and then back to the windows 7 computer, the monitor just won't detect a signal. I have to reboot everytime. Good thing I configured my power button to do a controlled shutdown.
I have now configured the power options to "never" turn off display.
Kinda sucks though. I usually like to leave my computer on all night when doing big downloads and stuff.
Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
M

I haven't really seen anyone with the exact same problem as me yet.

I, for one, don't like the sleep function on a pc as it tends to not work with me. Therefore I disabled basicly every single option related to it (yes, all the wake-up-on-usb stuff), but now, you can easily guess it, I accidentily put the computer to sleep. With not a single way I can think of, I cannot activate my pc again. Reboot doesn't work, complete power reset doesn't, unplugging networkcable, usb devices, nothing seems to work :/

Isn't there some button somewhere hidden on the motherboard or whatever to clean swipe the settings? o_O

try this

The only thing that works for me is to unplug the power lead; hold down the power button till the led goes out, and only then plug it back in and then it starts fine

Hi, Have you simply tried the left mouse button ? That's what it takes for my machine to come out of sleep mode. I know it sounds too simple but some things can be overlooked.
Good Luck

Windows 7 standby/slleep

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Reading some of the other posts makes me realise what an ignoramus I am in these matters hence an even greater need for assistance![/FONT]
Ever since installing Windows 7 on a dual boot basis as an alternative to my Windows XP installation I have experienced problems with the standby function, or rather awaking from sleep mode. The implications are rather more serious with Windows 7 there being no standby function as such and there appears to be no way of waking the computer from sleep mode other than to do a hard re-boot by removing the source of power as currently it will not respond to either the mouse or keyboard or even the power button.
Regarding the the Windows XP installation recovery from standby mode is now effected by use of the power button (as opposed to user of either the mouse or keyboard hitherto) which restores Windows XP without however re-booting as in the case of Windows 7 installation.
I have noted references in forum posts that the installation of Windows 7 effects one's bios settings but this being unknown area to me I would wish to be better informed before attempting to make any modifications there n order to effect a solution.
Currently on accessing the America Megatrends bios under Power the drop down menu indicates against Suspense mode - S3 only followed by ACPI support - No and finally ACPI APICS Support as being enabled
Frankly the foregoing references are meaningless to me but hopefully may suggest the source of the problem to someone better informed. All assistance towards finding a remedy would e appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom