Windows 7 Windows 7/Nvidia/Color problem

erhu

Hi everyone,

I tried to search this forum bottomsup, but coudn't find a solution for my problem.

Here's my problem:

When I open images and mayby some other templates on windows default image viewer I get all my images yellow overlay.
Even this (from Vista) tweak bar where you have calendar, clock, CPU/MEM usage windows. Clock and CPU/MEM windows background are yellow while they should be white. Why is this and any ideas how can this be fixed?
(its quite annoying this problem)

Btw.
Normal explorer, IE, FF, Photoshop, everything else white is white, but as earlier mentioned some Win7 parts are show some how yellow...

Please see the attachment..

You have not stated your problem very well. The image you have posted is perfect. Are you saying that the border is yellowish rather than white ?? If so right click on the screen and go to " personalise" and then click on colour and use the wizard to adjust your colours.

You have not stated your problem very well. The image you have posted is perfect. Are you saying that the border is yellowish rather than white ?? If so right click on the screen and go to " personalise" and then click on colour and use the wizard to adjust your colours.

Dude, check the lower "Control panel" it's not the "Windows 7 Windows panels color schema". The bloody windows color is messed up. Only phothoshop shows the color right. check new attachment.

So you mean the color of your aero interface?

This has nothing to do with Windows Aero effect...

Sorry to say this so straight and as insulting as it can be, but this is starting to sound like a technique is asking help from sales guys... or are you guys just playing with me? You guys are not even close. Okay maybe I was just unclear with my problem.

This "yellow/green" color shows in places as I show in images which I attach; please take a better look the image.. I don't really know how hard is it to get to the problem? If you look my images bottom, you see my "Aero" -effect is gray/dark/black, not bloody yellow... dudes go to your bloody image folder and open one of your bloody image and take bloody look "what is different"?

Okay, cool down. Another one. The CPU/MEM meters background is yellow in my account and if I change the account to hidden system "Administrator" -account the background color is white... but images side/background colors are yellow/green also there...

Options:
- Display drivers setup messed up some how.. (tried to fix, but no go)
- Windows color Schema wizard... no go.
- Reset Nvidia color schema and profiles... no go.
- Reinstall Nvidia drivers & Display drivers... no go.
- Remove Nvidia drivers (don't know)
- Remove Display drivers... no go

Other notes:
- Photoshop color is normal now. As 2nd image shows... Photoshop color was messed up also, but was fixed some how, did something donno what...
- Other softwares color (IE, FF, Opera, Chrome, Calculator, bloody notepad is okay with white color...)

(sorry, but your questions just make in my mind you look stupid)

Last edited:
OK, i got 'cha now, This seems like a problem with your monitor, as all your aero effects and what not in the attached image are different colors, your aero is blue, and the images do have yellow, but only where they the yellow typically is on this picture, again sorry if we're not quite getting it.

My fault also..

Now you're close... sorry, yes. The color schema is set to "ocean" and tuned to a bit darker.
Monitor is connected to GPU by DVI-I (signle channel) cable and monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 2343BW.
(everything is set to automatic)

Oh and just a littlebit offtopic... is there already a solution to disable shared memory between RAM and GPU?
(just bought 2G RAM and the bloody system send it to the GPU; from bios the sli memory setup is set off and anf.. what ever setting is set max 1GB from 4GB...)

Maybe the cable is frayed internally, try wiggling it around a little.

As for disabling the shared memory, that can be a tedious task,
Google around "how to disable hyper memory" and see what you can find.

Still. That doesn't explain why other account has normal setups... also why Photoshop has normal colors. Sorry to say this again, but please do read what I write..

So the other account has correct coloring?

OK. Open the start menu and type "Calibrate" click the Control Panel link that says "Calibrate Display Colors"

Go through the wizard and see if it helps.
Not sure if "nehoma"'s post was the same program. Sorry in advance if it is.

So the other account has correct coloring?

OK. Open the start menu and type "Calibrate" click the Control Panel link that says "Calibrate Display Colors"

Go through the wizard and see if it helps.
Not sure if "nehoma"'s post was the same program. Sorry in advance if it is.

my earlier post..
{
Options:
- Display drivers setup messed up some how.. (tried to fix, but no go)
- Windows color Schema wizard... no go.
- Reset Nvidia color schema and profiles... no go.
- Reinstall Nvidia drivers & Display drivers... no go.
- Remove Nvidia drivers (don't know)
- Remove Display drivers... no go
}

I realy do not understand your problem at all. The picture of the penguins, the first one appears as a perfect picture on my computer. Which is why I find it hard to understand what is wrong.
Sorry I cant help you DUDE!

I have the same problem! Please somebody help :)

I can describe it like this: as an example, one grey png picture(icon), when i open it with photo viewer or firefox it turs yellow :) The problem doesn't exist in image editors(Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, GIMP). THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN MY LCD! The thumbnails of these pictures are fine. They are grey.

Simply the pictures that are grey, are turning yellow :( With my PC the problem exists even in Firefox, but not in Opera

So, i'll repeat - THERE IS NO GLOBAL REASON FOR THE PROBLEM! The problem exists in Photo Viewer, Firefox and some other apps.

I'm using nvidia too

Please someone help! I'm a web designer and i can't do my work with bad colors. I'm gonna switch to Ubuntu. Colors there are fine :D

To solve the problem and restore normal colors in Windows Photo Gallery, you can try one of the resolutions below. All actions will be done at Color Management tab, which is accessible by right click on Desktop, and select Personalize on the contextual menu. Click on Display Settings link in the Personalization menu. In the Display Settings window, click on Advanced Settings… button. Then click on Color Management tab, and finally click on Color Management… button. You will need to select (tick) Use my settings for this device to be able to remove, change or set new color profiles.

The first workaround is by removing any existing ICC or WCS color profiles that are been associated with all display devices or monitors. Else, you can also try to change the default color profile for your system’s monitor to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, simply by clicking on Add, and then select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from the list of profiles installed on system. After adding, click Set as Default Profile button. Exit from all dialogs and reboot your computer, and the color problem on Windows Photo Gallery is fixed.

My problem was fixed by simply removing the existing colour profile as described in the first workaround above.

Link Removed - Not Found.

Back