Windows 7 Windows 7 Power Loss.

IThinkImGod

Problem from Event Viewer: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Details are below.

- <Event xmlns="Link Removed due to 404 Error">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-10-02T21:39:48.521600000Z" />

<EventRecordID>2700</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Steven-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

My PC completely turns itselfe off when playing anything in full screen ( Like call of duty) It will run for a second or two then my computer just loses power. I got a 750w PSU so i don't see what the problem is. Does the details information above make any sence to anyone?

Last edited:
Does your computer blue screen or simply reboot.

Please fill out the specifications of your computer under the UserCP located at the top left of the page.

This will help us greatly.

To find information go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32 and expand the Components section.

Last edited:
Ah ha... I bet I found the solution.... it may not be this exact problem but it's probably a scheduled task... here is what someone did to sove the same problem he/she had:

I has the same problem, and I resolved as follow:

Go To ->

Contol Panel
System and Security
Administrative Tools
Schedule Tasks

Under the Active Tasks panel, I had a task named "RacTask" scheduled to run 1 hour after the power on.
I noticed when the time to start that task comes, my computer reboout...

So I disabled that task, and my computer don't reboot anymore now.

Seems a joke that the RAC service who is the responsible to check the reliability of the system, was the cause of the reboot :)

By the way.. I turned off ALL my scheduled tasks (except the update because that gets new definitions for Windows Defender) and I've had smooth saling.... check my blog.. i found a lot more stuff to safely turn off so I would be the one in control of my system. Software like Ad-aware will setup a schedule to run when they want to.

Click "Start" and type "Ta" and run task manager scheduler and poke around.. there are some tweaking programs that you can use to disable most of those by checking a box.. but they don't show them all.

Please look over the Power Options in my attached screenshot.

Also go to Start > Run, and type services.msc and verify that Diagnostic Service Policy and Dynamic dervice host, and Dynamic system host are started.

Right-click on the ttchment and choose Open in New tab.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter anymore guys =). I Re-installed Vista and everything is ok now. Windows 7 simply does not go well with my computer. Thanks for your time though.

Bye

Back