Windows 7 Windows 7 Printer Issues

Nogard13

I have two computers on my home network, one running Windows 7 Pro (connected to an HP 1020 printer), we'll call it Desktop, and one running Windows 7 Home Premium, we'll call it Lappy. Both are 32-bit.

I can print just fine from Desktop (directly connected to the printer) but when I try to print from Lappy, it goes into the Print Queue on Desktop but just sits there. I have to restart the Print Spooler service on Desktop and then it prints right away.

The printer is installed as a network printer on Lappy and I tried re-installing the latest driver from HP (the same one I used to install the printer on Desktop). The problem must lie in Desktop because the job comes in and sits in the queue, but the print spooler service, for some reason, just won't respond or process it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

OK, I am confused. You explain how the printer is connected to the Desktop, then you say it is connected to Lappy?

Otherwise, do you have file and printer sharing allowed. Are you using a Homegroup?

Can you see the Desktop normally otherwise?

OK, I am confused. You explain how the printer is connected to the Desktop, then you say it is connected to Lappy?

Otherwise, do you have file and printer sharing allowed. Are you using a Homegroup?

Can you see the Desktop normally otherwise?
Sorry if I did comfuse the two. Yes, the printer is directly connected to the Desktop and I'm having problems printing from Lappy.

File and printer sharing is allowed and I am using a homegroup.

I have a similar issue, I have my main pc running win7 x64 and I have an HO 1018 laser attached, it installed automatically and it is set as default, but i cant print to it, if i plug it into my laptop and print from it (it xp) i can print from my pc then.
any advice here

With x64, you will need to download the newest driver from HP website and might have to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

As for my problem, I resolved it by unchecking the "Enable Bidirectional Support" option in the Printer Properties>Ports tab.

Back