Windows 7 Windows 7 prof 64 bit update creating problems

RomoloErma

On last Feb 7th I got a WIn 7 critical update; as usual, the updating process started at shut down and lasted many hours. At the following system startup, which also lasted long, I experienced a lot of malfunctions, even when using system functions as Computer Resources, or EXCEL and VBA applications, all of them entering in a "not responding" state. Problems seemed to be concentrated on an external USB storage device (Seagate Expansionj USB device served by Microsoft 6.1.7600.16385 driver), since the saving function of an Excel file resulted in a complete destroy of the file itself. I tried hardly di roll-back the system to a previous restart check-point. When I succeded, the system returned to a ok status, ad a disk check function returned positive result.
Did anyone experience a similar situation? Any suggestion on what shoud I do with next Windows upgrade (if any)?

Windows updates are sometimes known to have caused more problems than they have solved. But that goes for any updates, no matter what program, and since Windows is far more complicated than others, no wonder problems occur. It's not really, always, a Windows problem, it's commonly a third party program that ignites it.

I had a problem with an AMD driver update, it resulted in a total re-install of Windows, and after that re-install my DVB Viewer wouldn't show me more than half of the channels I had earlier... I tried codec packs... nothing helped, so I came to the phlegmatic conclusion, "there's just something that won't work". Accustomed to the fact that things sometimes take some time, I watched the TV channels I was able to see. Well then, yesterday I got 11 important updates for Windows, and now I have all channels!

It's complicated. One update of a program leads to the need of another program needing update and the strings don't get attached. Thus, we have a problem.

Suggestion is: take off automatic update for all programs you have. Have them only announce you about updates. And have all updates to make a restore point before they install, if the option is available.

Windows updates are sometimes known to have caused more problems than they have solved. But that goes for any updates, no matter what program, and since Windows is far more complicated than others, no wonder problems occur. It's not really, always, a Windows problem, it's commonly a third party program that ignites it.

I had a problem with an AMD driver update, it resulted in a total re-install of Windows, and after that re-install my DVB Viewer wouldn't show me more than half of the channels I had earlier... I tried codec packs... nothing helped, so I came to the phlegmatic conclusion, "there's just something that won't work". Accustomed to the fact that things sometimes take some time, I watched the TV channels I was able to see. Well then, yesterday I got 11 important updates for Windows, and now I have all channels!

It's complicated. One update of a program leads to the need of another program needing update and the strings don't get attached. Thus, we have a problem.

Suggestion is: take off automatic update for all programs you have. Have them only announce you about updates. And have all updates to make a restore point before they install, if the option is available.

Back