Windows 7 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Random Freezing

firefly441

Windows 7 freezes randomly within 30 seconds of start up or as much as 10 hours. No specific programs seem to cause the crash. I usually play games for hours without problems, but outside of games generally on smaller programs like Firefox or the Steam browser. I have had this problem on both 32-bit Home and Professional with the same consistency, both on this computer. I have updated all my drivers, however I have not tried to update my BIOS.

Hardware:
Motherboard - Biostar, GeForce 6100-M9 v1.1
Processor - AMD, Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
RAM - 3Gb

Thanks.

I am not dual booting the OS. it was 2 separate occasions. tried the beta, had freezing issues, chalked it up to it being a beta and when i came back later to try again i have the same issues. the beta was a fresh install, this one was an upgrade. both yielded the same exact results. the bios (just checked) doesnt have a more recent update. i just cleaned out the computer by hand a little while ago(while i was on the other operating sytem, and it worked fine after i know everything is plugged back in correctly custom build machine, no hack cleaning lol)., and i monitor my computers heat/ performance. and it was running fine on xp before the upgrade so i know the PS isnt causing the issue. and there is no error message. everything just freezes in place mouse, screen, everything.

I am not dual booting the OS. it was 2 separate occasions. tried the beta, had freezing issues, chalked it up to it being a beta and when i came back later to try again i have the same issues. the beta was a fresh install, this one was an upgrade. both yielded the same exact results. the bios (just checked) doesnt have a more recent update. i just cleaned out the computer by hand a little while ago(while i was on the other operating sytem, and it worked fine after i know everything is plugged back in correctly custom build machine, no hack cleaning lol)., and i monitor my computers heat/ performance. and it was running fine on xp before the upgrade so i know the PS isnt causing the issue. and there is no error message. everything just freezes in place mouse, screen, everything.

I'm getting the same symptoms on 64bit, just trying to debug this next few days while I have time :(

the beta was clean, and the one im on now was an upgrade. it was a iso disc created from an iso i got from my college. same disc used on my machine and friends machine. it was indeed an upgrade disc and we both did have xp. his runs fine.( got two seperate keys from college, used same disc though) and the beta which was good for 3 pcs was also on my own machine and two other friends machines, running fine on theres but not on mine,(also an iso created disc.) (all iso's were downloaded properly from Microsoft at the time, and my college accessed web store). and getting the program to run the scan you requested.

further to my post my in debugging my freeze problem the fact that there are no "time" associated errors in my windows system event viewer I reckon my issue has to be hardware , possibly thermal :)

I have opened my system box and completely removed my graphics card and unplugged my Sata hard drives then used some switch cleaner on the sockets and connectors then reseated and connected the drives and graphics card, giving my ram a good wiggle in the slots for good measure .............

So far no freezing :D

Ile keep ya posted ;)

still getting freezes so I ran my hardware in a fresh windows 7 environment as a new install on a separate partition to eliminate the possibility it is software causing the freeze, but my system still freezes so i removed my 9800gtx+ graphics card leaving me running on the TF8200 onboard graphics and fingers crossed no freeze for 4 hrs so far :)

Back
Top Bottom