Windows 7 Windows 7 random Application crashes and BSODs

fivefivezero

Hi

For the past month or so, i've been using Windows 7, however, about 3 weeks ago, i got a replacement for my PSU (the original one fried some how) and upgraded my graphics card from a 9600GT to a GTX 275. Both upgrades were carried out at the same time. Sadly, after i upgraded, my computer started Blue Screening. It gave me a STOP error which had something to do with Kernel Memory, i replaced the two faulty sticks of RAM which solved this problem.

Although i solved one issue, i could not solve the next. After replacing my RAM, i started getting Application Crashes, such as Mozilla Fire Fox crashes, Event Viewer crashes, Windows Explorer Crashes, svchost.exe crashes, on top of this, Windows Aero Glass fails and reverts back to Windows Basic occasionally; Windows 7 also blue screens, again.

I attempted to solve this by reverting back to my old graphics card, and running my computer on the two original (unspoilt) sticks of RAM. I even tried a clean installation of Windows, and this problem still surfaced.

My system specs are the following:

Intel E8400 @ 3.00Ghz, 1333Mhz FSB
ASUS P5QC Mother Board
RAM: TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX G (NEW, 4gigs), TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (OLD, 2gigs)
Giga-byte GV-N275UD-896I (NEW), ASUS 9600GT (OLD)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 250gigs.

I've attached the .dmp files which are related to the BSODs occurring after my fresh installation of Windows

Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance

Hello,
Sorry for ressurecting this thread, but it hasn't had an answer, wasn't pruned, and I used to have the exact same problem and I was looking for the answer everywhere. This is the only place I could find someone having the same problem as myself.

I too was getting random application crashes before a BSOD. The message of the BSOD did not mean much since it was nearly always different. I tested my RAM, one stick at a time, using memtest86+, a free memory testing utility. It gave me errors on the test #2, while Widows' Memory Diagnostic Tool did not show me anything. You can test your RAM with all sticks in, to find out if it has errors, but to know which stick it is, it is best to test it one at a time, since it could also be a defective motherboard RAM slot, in which case even good RAM sticks will fail when placed in that slot.

If you are getting random application crashes followed by a BSOD, your RAM might be at cause. Applications don't usually crash randomly, so something has to be causing them to crash, and corrupt memory is a good way to crash programs. Test your RAM sticks. Let the testing run for multiple passes to be perfectly sure, but memtest86+ usually picks up errors on the first pass. If it shows errors, it is sure to be defective RAM, or RAM slot. Try another stick of RAM in that slot, or try the stick in a different slot. If you are still getting errors, you might want to remove the defective stick and try booting in your OS again to see if it still crashes. If it does, something else is causing the crashes, so you'll need to look at either the motherboard, the power supply, or installed drivers.

I hope this helps people out there with the same problem, and sorry again for resurrecting this old thread, but it needed to be solved.

~ TehWan

Back