Windows 7 Windows 7 RC hangs every couple seconds for ~2 seconds

iceman845

Pretty much the title here. Except sometimes it will work just fine if I'm not doing too much. The startup also hangs after the splash logo to the login screen for about 10 seconds. In build 7000, there was no lag at all. Any ideas? Driver suggestions? Not sure....

It does sound like it could be a driver issue.. I had this sort of thing happen to me once.. it turned out to be a chipset driver.. ;).. It could be a gpu problem too though.. what video card/driver are you using?

Which build of Windows 7 are you using? Did you do a clean install or an upgrade? Which app did you use to burn the ISO to DVD? All these questions could help lead us to the cause.. ;)

One final question, which motherboard do you have installed?

It does sound like it could be a driver issue.. I had this sort of thing happen to me once.. it turned out to be a chipset driver.. ;).. It could be a gpu problem too though.. what video card/driver are you using?

Which build of Windows 7 are you using? Did you do a clean install or an upgrade? Which app did you use to burn the ISO to DVD? All these questions could help lead us to the cause.. ;)

One final question, which motherboard do you have installed?

Welp, I've tried using both the old and new(beta) drivers for my 7600gt. So i'm not sure about that. I didn't check the chipset tho.

7100 RC, clean install, Power iso, ABIT AN8-Sli.
I think thats about it. I've deduced that I will be doing a reburn and then another clean install. I'll update when i get around to doing it.

Back
Top Bottom